FireFox behaves strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcompals

Right off the assembly line
Hello to all.
My system is connected to the Net using proxy.
When using FireFox after configuring the connection setting (to 192.168.0.1 & port 6588), i get only google.com. Whatever URL i type , www.google.com appears. What should i do to solve this problem.

There is no problem when the system is connected directly to the net, without a proxy.

rajas700

Youngling
Why do u use proxy?only severs have proxy(i.e. computer connected with internet through LAN only use proxy)so Try to connect the net DIRECTLY.Or else download a software to step ur proxy.

OP
D

dotcompals

"computer connected with internet through LAN only use proxy"

I am connected through LAN only and hence I use proxy, to share the net connection.

rajas700

Youngling
Try this

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet.

2. Click the Connection tab, and then click to select the Access the Internet using a proxy server
check box.

3. Click Advanced, and then type the appropriate proxy settings in the Servers area. Use the following syntax for the proxy settings

*<address>:<port>

where <address> is the Web address of the proxy server, and <port> is the port number that is assigned to the proxy server.

IMPORTANT:
If you are using the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your proxy server, make sure that you do not type leading zeros. For example, use 130.25.0.1 instead of 130.025.000.001.

If you do not know the Web address or port number of the proxy server, contact your network administrator. Also, if there are any Web servers on the local network for which you want to bypass the proxy, type the appropriate host names in the Don't Use Proxy For These Addresses box. For example, if you do not want to use the proxy server to access the "sagar" Web server on your LAN, type sagar in the Don't Use Proxy For These Addresses box.

OP
D

dotcompals

aray yaar, i am already configured IP addresses & internet connection settings & IE is working very well. Only Firefox is showing the said error.

U ask for any url, it will give you either Google.com or google error.

What is the problem, anyone has the same exp?

I am using Internet sharing using TCP / IP & a proxy progam (AnalogX)

rajas700

Youngling
ok

ok kk

Try it.

1.Open FireFox
2.Click on Tools
3.Click on Options
4.Click on Connections Settings
5.Click on the radio button next to Manual Proxy Configuration
For HTTP, enter the proxy host name as "localhost" and port as "8091". Check the check box "Use the same proxy for all protocols"
6.Click on "OK" button in the subsequent screens. This will set the proxy settings for FireFox

If fails reply me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom