Firefox backup??

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
i am using the ver 1.0 of firefox and thinkin of formating the machine...so is there any way i can backup the settings/preferences...from this browser which i can add to Fresh installed 1???plz help

also does any 1 have a idea how to backup Spybot S&D ,System mechanics files ....coz i backup them ..but they did not accpet the backuped files..also there is no option to update from local folders.....

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm why dont u just save the folders ?
then when u do a fresh install ... overwrite the folders ... itll be back with ur settings and updates

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
go here

C:\Documents and Settings\Shekhar\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9lvnm71m.default

of course there will be ur name in place of my name ;-)

now here u'll find

Bookmarks.HTML file... which is your Bookmarks...

Insided Extensions folder... you'll find Themes and Extensions you download to "get the look" before... inside folder names like this
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}

Save these both things... as backup for Firefox 1.0...

Hmmm... I don't know how to backup rest of things like saved form and password informations etc. ... wait for other's replies... or Google around...

Downloaded updates of Spybot are located here...

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates

Not sure about System mechanic 'coz I don't use it...

digen

Youngling
You can use a third party utility called FirefoxBackup to backup your bookmarks & cookies.

Firefox Backup

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
ok shakher i did what u sayd and there is only default.gyv file inside the profiles...and no bookmark.html file there...:(
and digen cud u plz give the link where i can find this Backup tool???

digen

Youngling
saroman dude the link has already been given there.Click on "Firefox Backup" in my earlier post.Download it from there.

[deXter]

Journeyman
To backup Spybot , System mechanic, etc, just copy the entire folder itself. Usually most utilities dont require re-installation.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom