FireFox a 'Blind'Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I installed FireFox 1.5 from the Mar DVD. The problem is that it does not detect any site. When I enter the path and press enter, it hardly looks up the site for 2 sec and then tells that the website cannot be found.

Please help.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Are you behind a proxy firewall? If yes, you need to configure firefox to run using your proxy.

Change it from Tools->Options->General->Connection Settings..

There maybe several other reasons. I know this sounds dumb, but just make sure you're connected to the internet. :D
Sometimes you think u're connected but you're actually not.!! :wink:

Savvy :!:

mvishnu

Broken In
HEY!!

i had the same prob... It was because of a spyware program for me... It was not looking up the site at all!

But from your prob, it sounds like you are behind a proxy... The proxy no. and port can be found from Internet xpl.

u cud also click "autodetect proxy settings

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hey, I dont use a proxy firewall. I just use avast AV, with web shield. However, Opera and IE work fine!!

Lately, Opera too started giving problems and acting like FireFox. Please Help!!

hafees

In the zone
There may be a compatitbility problem with avast webshield. For eg: zonealarm gives problems when working with web shield.
Try disabling webshield.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That doesnt help either.

Opera is still acting funny, FireFox is still not connecting.
FlashGet is not working too. It tells that connection was refused by remote server. Hence, refuses to download anything.

However, I am able to ping servers.

Please give details on what to do.

hafees

In the zone
Internet explorer working? There may be noise in ur telephone line. If there is noise(hold the reciever and press a key. If it is not absolute silence, there is noise. even a small amount of noise is big problem) it may be the problem. Double click on the connection properties icon (in system tray) and check the amount of outgoing and incoming data transfer rate.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its some problem with connection settings only (that is, if ur IE works fine). check ur proxy config in IE and copy the same into Fx/Opera

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Opera started working, but, FireFox doesnot. However I did not use any proxy settings but all apps work, except for FF, still work.

::vicky::

In the zone
DeSmOnD dAvId said:
I installed FireFox 1.5 from the Mar DVD. The problem is that it does not detect any site. When I enter the path and press enter, it hardly looks up the site for 2 sec and then tells that the website cannot be found.

Please help.

i think u have checked the work offline do one think thing go to file and uncheck work offline hope it works

bye bro

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hey, FF finally works

I just deleted the old connection under network settings and made a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom