Firefox 1.5 : Peculiar Problem, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
I had been using firefox latest version with all extensions, themes and settings confugured according my use.

Now that recently there was a power upsurge and firefox crashed badly. After that when i resumed windows everything in firefox was set to defaults.

I had to configure the extensions and other firefox settings, but to no avail. when i restarted firefox, everything was back to defaults. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, downloading new extensions and all

But everytime I close firefox all my settings are gone, and i had to do them again

So, wat should be the reason behind this ? and what are the remedies ?

Help me out

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Uninstall. Remove files from "Local Settings/Mozilla" and "Application Data/Mozilla" Reinstall, re-configure.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Did u perform a complete uninstall ?? Remove all respective directories , all profiles ... use CrapCleaner to remove all the missing/wrong registry entries and perform a fresh install .. preferably with v1.5.0.4 ....

OP
T

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
QwertyManiac said:
Uninstall. Remove files from "Local Settings/Mozilla" and "Application Data/Mozilla" Reinstall, re-configure.

Thanks a lot, the problem is solved

Can u suggest a way to backup all downloaded extensions and themes

Also do suggest a good adblocking extension for firefox apart from "flashblock" and "adblock"

Thanks again

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Adblock with the G.Filterset extension is the most powerfullest I encountered yet. :)

To backup manually, just enter your profile folder under mozilla and copy the extensions folder. There is an extension backup ext too i think... dunno, I just have an ZIP archive with my fav exts, i just install them each time I need to reconfigure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom