MSI K8N Neo Platinum Mother Board
1024 MB (512 x 2) 400 Mhz Kingston DRR SD Ram
XFX GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB Graphics Card
160 GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD
Sony 16 x DVD Writer
17" Samsung 793 MB FFST CRT Monitor
ATX Cabinet with 400W Power Supply.
Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speaker System.

Any Suggestions or changes to this Config. This is the best I could get in Chandigarh. I am getting this System in this week.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
check out Zebronics Lava 400 watts cabinet . i think was reviewed in digit . has lcd display , extra fan provisions . it might not seem important , but power supply really makes or breaks a good system . somewhere in this forum they have explained on the diff 400 watts power supplies and actual values .

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
U might want to reconsider the dvd writer. i suggest a pioneer dvr 108D. check out the review in this months issue.
also go for a western digital hdd rather than seagate

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm get the pioneer DUAL LAYERED dvd writer for 6300
its the best in the market
if ur short on cash then go for liteon @ 5750

i think the seagate hdd is fine

400 w PSU make sure u get a nice one like power safe not a generic one

get a nice cabinet that u like .. .that is spacious ... u can fit the PSU in it .. look ard a bit before u get the cabinet

technomodel

Journeyman
if u have enuf dough i'd suggest an amd 64 fx-53 coupled with a socket 939 mobo, preferably the via K8T800 Pro chipset. as long as the nforce4 chipset does'nt release in India that's the best there is, better that nforce3. even if u dont get the fx-53, u can go for for the mobo, as it supports ordinary 64 proccies and u can later upgrade to the fx series when u can afford it.
bye..

OP
P

pa_ajaykumar

Broken In
Gainward Graphics Card

Couldnt source the Gainward 6800 GT Golden Sample in Delhi. thats why i am going for XFX. I have read in some of the forums that this is also a good over clockable card.

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
try HARD for the Gainward 6800GT-- it OCs to 68Ultra levels pretty easily!!
here's some contact info,try them:: Mediatech India: 022-26361111,they will tell u who their delhi dealer is..
Also ,try Computer Empire in Nehru PL; these guys supposedly hav all the hard-to-find stuff!!

nikhilesh

Journeyman
XFX 6800GT comes for 25.5k and gainward goldensample comes at 27.5k.

it COMES OC'ed to ultra levels outta the box!

funkymonkey

Journeyman
well Mediatech quote deceptive prices.
I called them for PCI-express cards and they quoted me 30K for MSI 6800GT pci express and availability till this month end.
So I asked can i preorder it? They said yes I can.
So i went to their office and there they said the price is exclusive off sales tax and octri. Which when added goes up to 35K. This sucks.
Normal AGP card is at 27.5K add 4%sales tax and 8% octri to that.
Otherwise you can get it any some places without any bill for less.
And yeah dont get seagate HDD. Get western digital and if you can afford then get raptors from WD.
Also I would suggest Philips 107C5 flat monitor rather than samsung, Philips one has better clarity and geometry.I have seen this at my cousine's place and its amazing. or get 19" one for around 12.5K ( 19" is not flat but supports 1600x1200 )
Also at this moment no point going for S754, get S939. It will be available in 10 -15 days.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ever other day there is a new and a faster component launched...if you are going to dilly dally on these every other thing in your PC its going to take a lot of time to finalise and by that time you purchase your power ring would't be quiet the most powewrful rig... I suggest forget getting every screw and bolt the best..there is always going to be a better one around just waiting to be lanched...
Screw every screw and get the damn system fast...either way you will need to upgrade if you want to remain the best.....so what matter is entirely upto you...but my two cents suggest the above paragraph....( But then your machine is much more expensive then my two cents insn't it )

rohanbee

Padawan
Check out the cabinets,power supplies, colling solutions from antec usa, though the draw back is they are astonishingly expensive !!! :( their basic cabinets are starting from 2900/- plus taxes and their high end gaming cabinet LANBOY is for 6500/- plus taxes
..........its better to get the chinese one from nehru place: for less than half the price though...

funkymonkey

Journeyman
freshseasons.
Dude noone is telling him to wait endlessly.
IF a 15 day waiting can guarantee him future upgrade then IMHO he should wait that much.
S754 is basically dead fish and only future sempron value processors will come in this socket form which makes upgrade a joke.
S939 is sensible thing to do, also there is no need to wait for NF4, its gona be PCI-express only chipset and very expensive so he will need to find PCI-express card first and pay more for that.
Just get ASUS A8V Deluxe, it beats everything in market right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom