Final Call... Suggestions Pls..Cell Under 16.5K

Which One of these..?..Pls mentions reasons also..:-)

• SE W300i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung D820

• Nokia 6230i

• Nokia 6680

• Nokia 6270

• Nokia 6233

• Nokia 6131

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hello there...

some of you wuld be too pissed by my repeated threads..(pathiks :p )..abt same things..Cant help yaar..purchasing cell is tough decision.. atleast for a non earning student.. this is last one...

Well i have extended my budget to 16.5K (already got em :p)... and my top Priority is EDGE coz..i need cell with which i can surf on PC also..well Cam doesnt matter much...but Sound Quality must be good...and it should have fast OS..unlile 3230 (damn..my friend had it..that was too slow)

I have shortlisted some... Well as am not much in mobiles..i dunno..some important features..regarding OS's...Symbian..S 40 and many other terms...so am listing em here..

I dont like much of FLAP phones..still i have shortlisted them... for sake of more options...

Prices (INDIAGSM.com) :-
6230i - 11500
6630 - 11900 I HATE THIS CELL VERY MUCH....still its features..damn..
6131 - 12200
6233 - 14200 Its new and looks promising.
6680 - 15000
6270 - 15500
W300i - 10800
K750i - 11500 (Non EDGE so last Resort)..But i still like it
W810i - 16500 I am most inclined towards this one..as am Big SE lover..
D820 - 14700 The only Non SE,Non Nokia..that i liked

Specifications :-
*www.indiagsm.com/nokia/6230i.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/nokia/6630.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/nokia/6131.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/nokia/6233.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/nokia/6680.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/nokia/6270.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/sonyericsson/w300i.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/sonyericsson/k750i.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/sonyericsson/w810i.asp
*www.indiagsm.com/samsung/d820.asp

Reviews:-
*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w810-en.shtml
*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia6230i-en.shtml
*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6233-en.shtml
*www.mobile-review.com/review/samsung-d800-d820-en.shtml
*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k750-en.shtml

I have to decide in some 3 days... So pls let me know .... Suggestions other than above cells are also welcomed...

Thanx a lot..
Dipen

Alfansey06

Broken In
you are lucky i dont have your ip address, otherwise i would have shooted a bullet with your ip address on it ;-)

i hope you will change user name after this thread :-D

regarding your query: just read old threads where you have posted :-D

PS: thanks for giving latest rates (if they are taken from market)

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Damn...im spared...bullets from IP are very powerful...:p...sorry yaar..;)..u can say me a bit more confused....:D...btw...except W300i, 6230i..nothing discussed in my previous threads..:O

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
6230i - I wouldn't want to touch this one.
6630 - Forget this with the budget you have
6131, 6233 - Haven't seen these phones so I won't comment, but do they have stereo speakers?
6680, 6270 - IMO, you'd do better with an SE, any of these would be your choice if you are looking for a good selling price which SE phones won't give.
W300i - forget this one. mono speakers, screen quality is too bad.
K750i - Not worth if you have budget for W810i
W810i - will be a good choice and you like it too
D820 - No comments here

I have heard sound from Nokia 6270, it's amazing too, as are it's headphones. Comparable enough to SE phones IMO.
Do remember to shortlist 2-3 phones and try them out before purchasing one.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey tech..thanx a lot...heres what i hav shortlisted

W810i , D820 , 6680 , 6233...

Now any comparison of these 4...

btw do i find ample of softwares for W810i... well one more glitch..i read in review...that only 20 MB is available to user,,out of 512...!! so what abt remainin 492...???

and would i be able to browse directly on Cell...and softs..like messenger...and Word/Excel/PPT viewer..??

Any known disadvantage..??

Thanx..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
hey the phone has 20 mb internal memory. Dat means even if u take out the mem card, u can use 20 MB. The mem card memory is additional to the internal memory.
I dun understand why SE reduced the internal mem of 810 to 20 MB as w800/700 has 34 MB of it. Anyway I think w810 is the best among them.
Dun even think bout 6680. Its a damn cell. There is nothin greater than a 6630(only 2nd cam).
Samsung cells are not so appealing to freaks(their menus, navigation etc are annoying).

810i is the best in cam,sound,portability,freebies(high quality headsets,512MB...).

mehulved

You must have read wrong. It maybe 20MB out of 32MB that is inbuilt in the cell. Besides that you have 512MB Memory Stick (Duo) that you will get with the cell. It should have 480-490 MB usable space.
I don't know about Office app for java phones, I know one such for Symbian phones - Quick Office. It is available legally in 6630 AFAIK.
I don't think 6680 is a good phone for what you want (read music).

OK I saw reguards 6233 on gsmarena.
- only 64MB MicroSD MMC card included
+ stereo speakers
- 6 MB internal memory
+ Class 10 GPRS, also EDGE and 3G available
+ Bluetooth, Infrared, USB port
- VGA Video recording
- Series 40 UI.
Since, it has no symbian. It doesn't have any advantage over SE phones when you talk about additional softwares.

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
6630 is not for you, because you have higher budget. May try Nokia7710;) and NOkia 3250. i already use 3250, good handset yaar, also have EDGE. 7710 is good set, have EDGE,TOUCHSCREEN:cool: but too heavy, its 189g,:p imagine it.

for 7710 check
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_7710-921.php

for Nokia 3250 check
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3250-1296.php

be futureproof with 6680, 3G, He He......

And if you are blind SE lover (i know you are so) must go for w810i. its best for your budget from SE.....

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Dipen01 said:
@pathiks :- Its 18400 Dude...16.5 is the most...
n70 is now 17.8 in mumbai.... so by the time u make ur decision (at last :p)
it ll reach to 16.5k.... and if i were in place of u i wd take a
1.2nd hand 7710(s90) for 10.2k
2.2nd hand ngage QD(s60 os 6.1) for 4.2k
and a 1gb ncp rs dv mmc for 1.2k
and the rest CHARITY........ lol

suave_guy

pedal to metal
you dont even have to look somewhere else when u want amazing sound and u've a budget of 16.5K....w810i is the only choice and plus it has edge which you wanted....and the fact that it has a very good 2MP cam with autofocus doesnt hurt either...!

Nokia N70 is a very good compact phone but its sound quality is average...

ENjoy...

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Okie I dunno wether anyone of yall know but W810i is discontinued. Thats what my mob dealer told me. Am sckeptical coz it wasnt the guy but it was his brother and he dint appear that bright to me. So pls confirm my suspicions is it true that SE has discontinued W810i for W700i. If it is yes then its a sh!t desicion coz W700i doesnt have EDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
@mykey:- na re mykey..i dont think its discontinued... will have to ask price for W810i...u didnt ask the Poonam Elex ?...!!..

Well...thanx a lot ppl... btw i dont like 6233 very much..its just it lil cheap and offers solid 3G and 2MP cam..but S 40...so no advantage...and 6680...well read its review...

So may be ill get W810i..by Sunday or at most Monday..have to check prices.. damn its gonna be costly than that in Mumbai..lets see..

but as pathik says...there are no JAVA apps..for Office files / Messengers and all..!! so overall apps for SE phones are less...so where do i find apps for it...??

Thanx..

edited : - please don't ask for pirated applications in this forum. And anyone giving links for pirated apps will face a ban straight away

Last edited by a moderator:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
*getjar.com is quite good for java apps (free and trial) rest, just look out for member PMs and Emails and over IMs :D

mehulved

You have lot of IM's for SE phones but I don't think there's any office tools. There are undoubtedly many java apps.

djmykey said:
Okie I dunno wether anyone of yall know but W810i is discontinued. Thats what my mob dealer told me. Am sckeptical coz it wasnt the guy but it was his brother and he dint appear that bright to me. So pls confirm my suspicions is it true that SE has discontinued W810i for W700i. If it is yes then its a sh!t desicion coz W700i doesnt have EDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That has to be W800i and not W810i.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom