files lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmit

Core of the Processor
whenever i downloaded something from net without using download accelerator and somehow power failour occurs, it get vanished.when i further starts my download,it starts from starting. is there anything to recover back..please help me. its really troubling.. :(

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
That's in rare case. When power fails, dap usually doest save the file info and hence lost. I don't think much can be done.

^^^ Ignore those lines, thought u r using dap.

Oh, don't u use dap?

con_tester

Journeyman
jmit said:
whenever i downloaded something from net without using download accelerator and somehow power failour occurs, it get vanished.when i further starts my download,it starts from starting. is there anything to recover back..please help me. its really troubling.. :(

So why dont u use download accelerators....

legolas

Padawan
jmit, in dl accelerators, they write the downloaded file parts every now and then periodically. say every 200 KB, then for every 200 KB a disk write action is performed. and the status is stored so that when u stop this and resume it later it starts from that point... however in browsers, they dont seem to hav done those... may be this helps u understand a bit further???

/legolas

sakumar79

Technomancer
Well, if you use Opera's builtin basic download manager, it will automatically resume downloads... Also, in case of power failures, you can automatically start with the sites which you were visiting...

Arun

OP
J

jmit

Core of the Processor
thanks

thanks for giving me good tips but some sites donot allow the use of dl accelerator,thats why i don't use it... :D

legolas

Padawan
if u mean the online hosting sites like rapidshare, megaupload etc... and the like... there is no other way i guess. y wudnt u use an UPS. its safe in many ways including this!

/legolas

legolas

Padawan
:-o intranet. what r u meaning by that here? who is having intranet facility? may be u r dl from college/university?? explain what u meant! or u were trying to give an answer ACAP( as c*ap as possible) ? :-o

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom