Files locked in Hp_Recovery partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
I am realy stuck with this now...
my HP pavilion went through a rough patch when i decided to give it a full system recovery.

now what i did wrong was, i saved all my documents in a folder and copied them to the HP_RECOVERY partition, thinking that i can restore them at a later stage.

Now that the recovery was done perfectly, i tried restoring my documents in the recovery partition. to my dissapointment, i found the folder as a "file" and whenever i click it it says..
*img216.imageshack.us/img216/3875/27564405an1.th.jpg
i copied the folder to a different location and tried to open it, but the problem remains. the file properties shows that the file is actualy a folder with a number of files inside it.
and if i search for my documents, everything shows up in the results page, but when i try to open it, it ways file cannot be found.

please help! this has taken me completely by surprise!

Last edited:

arun77574

Broken In
Try Finding the file in Command Prompt by specifying the file location. And then copy and paste it else where from recovery partiton using appropriate commands.

OP
club_pranay

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
tried that already.. but the "file" is locked on to read-only, hidden and system file attributes so it's invisible in command prompt

i am going to burn it in a cd and take it to another computer having XP, lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom