file transfer via internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsunny

Journeyman
hi guys,
I want to transfer files which is near about 700 mb. to my friend..
How to do this ? i dont want to use ftp servers as it looks complicated..
& i dont want to use p2p softwares as others can also access the file..

Any easy way for file transfer..so that we can resume download later..
Any softwares.??... suggest me..

slugger

Banned
u cud upload it on zshare and send the link to your friend
zshare gives you direct links to files it host, so your friend can use a download manager like FDM to download the file, resume supported

hey just split file by hjsplit or hacha and upload to any good uploading site...
and make size of part as per ur choice....
*mihd.net/
provides 200 MB.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
24online said:
hey just split file by hjsplit or hacha and upload to any good uploading site...
d guy also want resume function so any won't really do. d site needs to support resume. and i'm assuming dat d guy is looking 4 a free solution

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
You can use µtorrent to make a torrent of the data. Send the torrent to your friend through IM or e-mail. You need to be seeding the torrent while he is downloading.

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
thnx for replying guys...
we can't resume downloads later in YAHOO msnger..
& uploading needs lots of time & a very high speed connection for big files...
i know i can use ares or torrent.. but others can share which i dont want..
I need the easiest solution..

@ slugger .. well guessed i need free solution..

@Choto Cheeta did u used the ftp server for file transfer..
if ftp server is simple .can u tell me how to configure it. in simplest way..
I have IIS installed in my pc..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
coolsunny said:
@Choto Cheeta did u used the ftp server for file transfer..
if ftp server is simple .can u tell me how to configure it. in simplest way..
I have IIS installed in my pc..

:lol:

u miss understood me... rather making ur PC a FTP server, its easy to upload in somes one web ftp :p

I have one with me where I run my web site, DoorerSathi.com, I can arrange 700 MB (private) Space for u to upload there, and keep there untill ur buddy finishes the download !!!

its resume supported in both way, Uploading and downloading :p

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
coolsunny said:
thnx for replying guys...
i know i can use ares or torrent.. but others can share which i dont want..
How can anyone download a torrent you created? As long as you don't publish the torrent file on internet you will be safe. Just send the torrent file to your friends. Another advantage of torrent is that its quicker to send the file to multiple friends than via FTP. Setting it up is also easy.

slugger

Banned
well u can easily create torrents using mu torrent

click on FILE > CRE8 NEW TORRENT Ctrl+N then just follow d instructions and u will have a freshly prepared torrent dat u can share with all those u want

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I sent files to my friends 3 months back using µtorrent.
I dont know about other torrent programs, but µtorrent *utorrent.com/download.php can act as tracker as well as seeder.
Procedure:
1. Install µtorrent and check if your net is good with torrents by downloading a healthy torrent file and checking your download speed after a 1 or 2 pieces have been downloaded. This is to check if your ports are configured properly.
2. Put all the data you want to share with your friends in a folder.
3. Find out your IP address *www.whatismyipaddress.com/
4. Find out your listening port by selecting preferences from Options menu in µtorrent. Then select Connection from the categories. Now note down the number in the box beside "Port used for incoming connections:" under "Listening Port". Now is a good time to enable the embedded tracker. Select the Advanced in the categories. In the list advanced options double click "bt.enable_tracker" if its set to false to change it to true.
5. Now close the preferenced window and create a new torrent by pressing Ctrl+N or from File menu.
6. Add the directory or file you want to share.
7. In the tracker box type in the format *your_ip_address:listening_port/announce with your IP address and listening port.
8. Add any comments if you want. Your friends can read the comments. Check private torrent if you want to disable DHT. Now press "create and save as" and save the torrent file. Send this torrent file to your friends and start seeding.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Boredom redefined.
Use an IRC client to directly send files directly to your friend's IP Address. (For mIRC, use the toolbar button with the picture Folder and a "S" next to it.)
As a web alternative, use PikachuzNET's Java IRC client to send your file over our IRC Networks.

IRC is a fast transfer medium and supports transfer resuming. Also, it doesn't have the problem that torrents have with seeds.

piyushp_20

Geekologist
hey buddy i think u should try uploading it to the site called www.freedrive.com and use DAP for the downloading, i think this would b the best option for u as DAP allows u to resume any download.
the hardest part would be to upload to the freedrive as 700MB on a Indian Broadband is really !@##%@%.
so just split ur files and then try uploading.

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
@ adithyagenius i did the steps u told & created a torrent file on my disk.. but how to send this file to friend & how to seed.. i m new in this torrent stuff.i dont even downloaded any torrent files till now,though i m familer with ares..so enlighten me... i use airtel gprs..so get higest download speed 13-15 kbps when conn is good..

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
coolsunny said:
@ adithyagenius i did the steps u told & created a torrent file on my disk.. but how to send this file to friend & how to seed.. i m new in this torrent stuff.i dont even downloaded any torrent files till now,though i m familer with ares..so enlighten me... i use airtel gprs..so get higest download speed 13-15 kbps when conn is good..

The torrent file which you made should be very very small - less than 30KB usually. Send it via instant messenger or e-mail to your friend. Torrent is p2p but its different from Ares. To seed your data you just select your torrent from the list and right click and select start. If the torrent wasn't automatically added to the list, open preferences and from Downloads category check "Don't start the download automatically". Now press Ctrl+D and select the torrent file you created and when it asks you where to save the data select parent folder of your data. For example if your sharing folder is C:\users\xyz\share\ you need to select xyz and not share as the location of the data unless what you are sharing is a file and not folder. Now right click and select force-recheck (takes a min or longer depending on size) and after rechecking is over right click and select start.

I have never used GPRS yet. I dont know if you would be facing port problems with your connection settings. To know if you are facing port problems , press Ctrl+G. Select "Test if port is forwarded properly". This will open default browser and if you get a webpage with a greek OK your settings are fine. If not you need to do portforwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom