Fight against the Indian ISP's using mainstream media

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
We have finally managed to break the jinx with the media. So far, CNN-IBN is airing the show on October 6th and it would relay the problems suffered by Tata Broadband customer.

Read the following blog entry; do comment in there and we are now for a BIG fight. It took a lot of hard work and pains to make it happen. I hope that the community would not let me down this time. We had made this possible for BSNL unlimited and everyone is enjoying the fruits of the labour. Dont you want unlimited 2 Mbps speeds? Dont you want your ISP to address your complaints? Dont you want your ISP to refund you for any downtime you had? Dont you want the speeds you are paying your hard money's worth?

This and many other questions would be answered in the programme. This would be aired in two parts. The first part goes on air on October 6th. It took a while to confirm this but then WE MANAGED TO GET THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA INTERESTED. THIS IS ALL FOR YOU.

NOW I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. SO THAT WE CALL ALL GET THE BROADBAND THAT WE TRULY TRULY DESERVE.
Abhisek, broadbandblog,in
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFpWy0ZoC2M

*broadbandblog.in/681/fight-against-the-isps/
*broadbandforum.in/broadband-india/16023-call-action-broadband-blog/
*vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=80640.html

Finally they got hold of media to bring to attention the woes of internet users in this country. Spread the word

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
bsnl's 2 mbps is sh!t; sify sux ... tata so far is good .... but

y the f are they charging us exorbitant amounts for such low speeds .... cut the freakin price and increase the bloody sppeds .... thats all i hav to say :)

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
iMav said:
bsnl's 2 mbps is sh!t; sify sux ... tata so far is good .... but

y the f are they charging us exorbitant amounts for such low speeds .... cut the freakin price and increase the bloody sppeds .... thats all i hav to say :)
Dude! Tata is good? it keeps disconnecting for me. I'm praying, literally praying BSNL provides me the Connection.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
ive been searching IBNLive com, usin the default search engine and couldnt find anything related to this case,
h!!p://features.ibnlive.com/show/all-about-money.html

Could it be that they didnt want anyone to find out, (pressured to) forget they ever aired the material. OR Being a 2 part story the site was never updated with the article?

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
and guys not to forget gprs also. they charge us like hell and no speed at all. like in hutch they charge 10p for 10k.in Airtel mobile office is rs 600 per month and speed sux.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
For your issues/ complaints on VSNL/ TATA-indicom please enter details on CNN-IBN’s following page, pertaining to the show:
All About Money

As was said by Paromita Chatterjee towards the end of the programme, you must also contact:
eMail 1: editor.online@consumer-voice.org
eMail 2: editorial@consumer-voice.org
eMail 3: legal@consumer-voice.org
Please also copy eMail 4: editor@ibnlive.com on your eMail to “Consumer VOICE” magazine , India’s leading magazine that supports consumer issues.

In ALL cases, please add the following details to all your messages:
1. Name of your ISP
2. Your name
3. Your city
4. Your contact details

Believe me, this will really help take the case further and improve things for you.
Please help make the media understand that they need to continue to support us consumers.

Don’t forget:
This was just “Part I” of the show. The bigger part is yet to come on 13.10.2007 at 18:30 hrs. (6:30 PM). Please watch that one, too. “Part II” will give VSNL/ TATA-indicom another blow, just as the story continues to unfold in newspaper coverage until then!

If u have similar complaints use those emails. Currently the thing is forcussed on a customer of VSNLs. Maybe in the future other "service providers" will be taken into "consideration" :-|

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Indian ISPs suck big time. I have this pamplet from TATA coming to my home saying 256kbps unlimited for 700 bucks. This offer is available only to new subscribers. Old subscribers who would disconnect and reconnect are not eligible.

They just want customers and give no customer satisfaction.

The next thing I have noticed is my Reliance connection download speed never reached about 13KBPS constantly. And my upload speed is constant on 30KBPS. I would have loved other way round. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope my dl speed will boost as well

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
The speeds should get a boost now across "active" ISPs with airtel announcing 8Mbps (with 8GB limit).

But the fact remains about after sales service, .

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
This is the follow up part 2.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-YEPZomw64

CNN IBN's report got response from VSNL/Tata about the case
" we propose to discontinue our service to you "

*broadbandblog.in/689/vsnl-broadband-take-it-or-leave-it/

I never expected such a response from a TATA owned entity.
I also didnt expect to see such a thing happening on TV, it' wont go down well with the media ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom