FF3 CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
For the past 1 week or so I have been observing that apart from consuming around 110MB RAM, FF3 has also been consuming ~45% CPU resources constantly. It hovers around 45% while browsing. i searched on the internet but couldn't find a solution that helped.

Anyone else facing this or has a solution to this?

Thank you.

acewin

Point Blanc
LOL, first time when I saw FF 3 I thought what is it did google found Final Fantasy 3. Then thought why is iMav playing such old game :D.

Then little thinking got it is our dear FireFox 3, heehe. Mate I also do not know exact reason. It happens to me on lappy most of the time I try using FF even with 2GB RAM.
Exactly same FF going up to 100-200 MB and taking alot CPU usage.

Same happens to my Opera, but then its due to System maintenance started by TuneUp Utilities, and I have to close the maintenance job

I can give my point of view that it may be happening due to some other application taking up res FF is accessing, hence causing locking resulting FF getting desparate to work well increasing the RAM and CPU usage, finally.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
LOL, first time when I saw FF 3 I thought what is it did google found Final Fantasy 3. Then thought why is iMav playing such old game.
:lol: :lol: SOrry for the confusion :lol:
Then little thinking got it is our dear FireFox 3, heehe. Mate I also do not know exact reason. It happens to me on lappy most of the time I try using FF even with 2GB RAM.
Exactly same FF going up to 100-200 MB and taking alot CPU usage.

Same happens to my Opera, but then its due to System maintenance started by TuneUp Utilities, and I have to close the maintenance job

I can give my point of view that it may be happening due to some other application taking up res FF is accessing, hence causing locking resulting FF getting desparate to work well increasing the RAM and CPU usage, finally.
I thought it was due sites like Youtube or some heavy duty Web 2.0 sites like Facebook, but then as it turns out it is most of the sites that give ths problem.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
no issues here,

probably some extensions are causing troubles. Try to disable them or simply delete profile folder after taking bcakup of bookmarks

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no issues here,

probably some extensions are causing troubles. Try to disable them or simply delete profile folder after taking bcakup of bookmarks
Considered that too. Using only basic plugins:

Adblock+
Stylize
Chatzilla
Gears
Foxmarks
Ubiquity
Firebug
Sage Too

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have installed FF3 in two systems in my office. One is mine the other is my collegues. I did find FF3 is using lot of memory in my system . but it was managable. But on my collegues system.. its a horror show.his system becomes highly unstable when there is more than 5 FF3 windows. On the other hand we both hate IE :p.

acewin

Point Blanc
naah my opera works ultra cool even with 10-15 pages open and reloading at the same time.
in firefox little trouble, but I like it when I watch youtube and all online vids. gives me option to download them in flv format, and it does not goes down with them. though when I open 10 pages it becomes real heavy unlike opera.

I think performance of FF has decreased now than earlier ( is used it alot the 1.5 version), though I cannot fight or give proffs of what I say. its just a feeling while working on it.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Try to open firefox in safe mode and see...
I am happy with Chrome.. its takes about 1/4th of resource what Firefox takes

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
but though i like chrome truth is chrome is slower then firefox when rendering web pages but again takes less memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom