Few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
first of all tell me a good brand of blank dvd ... which are really reliable..

second wht is the difference between varying writing speed ..wht are thier effects ?? ie say while writing a dvd i have two optins say 4x and 2x
i know 4x finishes the work faster .. wht is 2x is for ??

third is .. is there a tutorial or sort of for "how to effectively use or maintain UPS"???

fourth why is there a initial spike in download speed when a download starts .. but fades away later ???(i think its due to thoise buffer things ??am i right ??)

Fifth : how to enable dual channel mode in mobo ...???(lets say i have two ram with same freq and same size)

wating for someone to answer these question...

thnks for reading thru

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
dual channel explained HERE

moserbaer and sony are really really reliable.

speeds:more the speeds lesser the time.If you plan to write something that has many small files(like a windows CD or Linux distro) then write at slower speeds to increase reliability of written DATA.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
When we click download, the caching of da fie is started in browser. But the steps like 'save' etc comes later. And when da browser actually shows dat da downlod is started, already some of da date may be downloaded by then. So it shows much higher speed coz browser says it had downloaded that much data in da first seconds. Then the actual speed is shown after some time.

And bout UPS, never let da UPS unchrger for more than a week. If i feel da t da backup time is reduced much, then get da battery to some local electronics shop to boost it[with a bit higher voltge]. But boosting frequently cud render da battery useless.

When drives become older, then the chance of error increases at higher speeds. Also there is higher chance of buffer under run at higher speeds. All these cud lead to unusable discs.
But no need to scale down to such low speeds like 2x or 4x.
If u haf a decent system with at least 512 or more ram, then u can burn DVDs at 8x. DVD burning eats up more amount of ram than CD burning, as the transfer rate of 16x in DVD translate to around 22MBps whicle da 52x of CD is near 8MBps.
So more RAm is used as buffer while writing DVD.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
first of all tell me a good brand of blank dvd ... which are really reliable..
moserbear or Sony

second wht is the difference between varying writing speed ..wht are thier effects ?? ie say while writing a dvd i have two optins say 4x and 2x
i know 4x finishes the work faster .. wht is 2x is for ??
writing speed depend on your DVD writer and DVD disk.Suppose you write a disk @8x..but it don't support 8X speed.Than, your disk may not have been written properly.

Also, prefer to write @small speed for best result.

third is .. is there a tutorial or sort of for "how to effectively use or maintain UPS"???
read UPS manual..All manual comes with this tutorial.

fourth why is there a initial spike in download speed when a download starts .. but fades away later ???(i think its due to thoise buffer things ??am i right ??)
Can't say exactly.Well download speed depend on many things..like response from server from which we are downloading.

Fifth : how to enable dual channel mode in mobo ...???(lets say i have two ram with same freq and same size)
For dual channel ..you must should have two RAM with same frequency and memory size.Suppose there are 4 RAM slots on your motherboard...then use 1-3 OR 2-4 RAM slot combination to enable dual channel mode.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks mate for the answers..
but read somewhere that we should install them in 1 and 3rd slot or 2 and 4 slot to use them dual channel..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
thnks mate for the answers..
but read somewhere that we should install them in 1 and 3rd slot or 2 and 4 slot to use them dual channel..
yes..for dual channel to work.RAM slots combination should be 1-3 OR 2-4 OR 1-2(if you have only two slots)

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok i am have small doubt ..
iam going to assmeble a pc ..
my budget have become constatined..
so should i go for 2x1gb 667mhz ram -Rs 2800 propably or
1gb 800mhz - 1900(i think so)??
i am planning to run vista later...
whht is ur suggestion..
and one more question is there any relation to FSB and ram FREQ??
and does it affect the performance..
and should i use ram frq such as 800x2=1600mhz .. should this be anythinig to do with FSB freq??
and another question

xfx 650 mobo , does this a better performer than asus p5b v or vm mobo..

thnks for the replies....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
ok i am have small doubt ..
iam going to assmeble a pc ..
my budget have become constatined..
so should i go for 2x1gb 667mhz ram -Rs 2800 propably or
1gb 800mhz - 1900(i think so)??
A higher frequncy RAM give better performance.so, if you dont have money problem, than buy 800MHZ RAM.

but in your case, I think 2X1Gb 667 is better option than 1 GB 800 MHz.
Else, you can do, buy 1 Gb 800 MHz RAM now..and upgrade to 2GB after some time.
and one more question is there any relation to FSB and ram FREQ??
and does it affect the performance..
The FSB speed is the speed with which the processor is able to communicate with the rest of the system.So, always prefer to buy a higher FSB motherboard.

Both RAM frequency and FSB are almost same things...and work at the same speed using memory multipliers and dividers.

Motherboard should support RAM frequency.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
thnks mate...

whihc one is abetter performer xfx 650 ultra or asus p5b??
cant say exactly..better download manual of both and compare their features.However ASUS P5B-VM is good motherboard.Cost around 7.5K

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks mate for the reply...

Front Side Bus 1066 / 800 / 533 MHz this is wht asus p5b says..

wht does it mean.. three values.

*in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=332&l4=0&model=1314&modelmenu=2

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
thnks mate for the reply...

Front Side Bus 1066 / 800 / 533 MHz this is wht asus p5b says..

wht does it mean.. three values.

*in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=332&l4=0&model=1314&modelmenu=2
Means it can work at any of 3 FSB speed depending upon processor frequency and RAM frequency.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok.. iam quiet confused..

can u explain..

as the mentioned frq dont match that of ram frq ie 667mhz then how come??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
ok.. iam quiet confused..

can u explain..

as the mentioned frq dont match that of ram frq ie 667mhz then how come??
Refer to this...
*www.techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?t=46

RAM frequency overclock or underclock to match motherboard FSB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom