few questions about BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
what does AGP frequency mean?? does increasing it has any performance boost??When one OC AMD 64 processor the memory frequency increases as well. does that means one "ll need to hav a nice memory module to even overclock 100 mhz over threshold speed???

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm ur confused but somehow right
ur limits will be reflected in how much u can OC ur rig

when it gets unstable somethings gotta be pullin it down
it cuold be the processor limit/mobo limit/ or other things like ram limiting it

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
the pc i am talking about has DFI lanparty UT nF3 250GB and transcend DDR400 512mb stick, athlon 64 3200+ (s-754), a wd 740d raptor hdd.
i ran ntune utility and it increased the AGP frequency to 77 mhz from 66 mhz for better performance. i had heard of pci/agp lock in nf3 250g chips. that's why i asked. what sort of help does agp/pci lock provides fro oc.
moreover as memory controller is on the die the oc has to b limited due to more or less the ramb'coz as i increased the processor HT speed the DDR clock increased automatically which is against the fact that in intel ones meory clock are asyncronous of processor speed due to mem. controller at north bridge..

swatkat

Technomancer
AGP Lock is a facility provided by the Motherboard, so that even if u increase the FSB for OC, AGP frequencies remain same..This is to ensure stability, as AGP can not cope up with higher speeds........

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
swatkat said:
AGP Lock is a facility provided by the Motherboard, so that even if u increase the FSB for OC, AGP frequencies remain same..This is to ensure stability, as AGP can not cope up with higher speeds........

What's the maximum AGP frequency in case of 8x.?? :?: :?:

swatkat

Technomancer
[flAsh said:
]
swatkat said:

What's the maximum AGP frequency in case of 8x.?? :?: :?:

Clock (frequency) for AGP8X is also the same as AGP4X, i.e 66MHz.

Take a look, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom