Feel the taste of Winamp in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyjohn

Right off the assembly line
hi all
Try using Winamp in linux.lot`s of stuff packed than mplayer or things like that try it out :p :p

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Nullsoft has also released Winamp 3.0, Alpha 1 for Linux. Built on a new coding platform named "Wasabi", Winamp 3 offers a module setup allowing any component of Winamp to be removed or replaced. This allows third party developers more freedom to customize the program.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Or is he/she talking about xmms? XMMS (*www.xmms.org) looks like Winamp, but is *NOT* Winamp

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. I read about Winamp for Linux a long time ago on Deviant Art .. I havent followed it up so dunno its updated or not ...

curvenger

Broken In
Havent heard it before, I think ur talking about XMMS, it sure looks like Winamp... can u show me the link to download it!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Naaa i dont think he is referring to XMMS in linux...i think he is Specifically talking about winamp ...
Here's the download Site...with lots of goodies in winamp...

*www.dawnload.net/alternative_platforms/linux_software/winamp_for_linux.cfm

Cheers ..

BONZI

Journeyman
Go here: *fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1002748075/1

or

*download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/Winamp-0.a1-1.i386.rpm

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hi ashleyjohn,
welcome to the forum.....
BUT winamp for linux :roll: buddy can ya give da link?

btw i have run winamp 2.x using wine :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

tuxfan

Technomancer
The link is already given somewhere above. Cooljeba, have a careful look. Its a 1.48 MB download. I have downloaded it. I will install it soon. Lets see how it turns out to be :)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Its an RPM... i converted it into DEB as i run Debian.... but it is having some issues with its GUI... it shows up and then vanishes with an error code 1....

i'm probably better off with mplayer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom