[Feedback] Jan 2005 Digit DVD/Digit Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomb

Broken In
The CD Rocks. Thanks for Fedora

iTunes setup is corrupt.

But the Mag still sucks. Its become more of a corporate mag rather than for people like us.
Every other months these MFD's r reviewed , projectors and what not !

vysakh

Padawan
250+ softwares were amazing
the magazine was great. i was happy to find my post in it
But u dissapointed me with the games. hope u provide more games next month

DKant

In the zone
Can't point out what exactly was different from the previous issues, but methinx the balance was perfect this time. In fact it's after a long time that I felt like finishing the mag off in one go :D ! So 8/10 for that plus a gr8 DVD (though I was xpecting the full version of BLC! :( )

But please do give more space for the game reviews! U could cut down on the number, and give a 2 page review of 1 game per month. Plus, of coz, don't fill up the space with screenshots, and give more importance to the actual review (viz. gameplay, sound etc.) instead. :)

OR, up the publish rate for SKOAR (make it a monthly or sumthin') and bring down the price :).

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I rulez .. :p

Wow .. This time I liked the magazine too .. (Dont ask abt the DVD :( ) ..

The Cyborg times was the best article .. Byte and Raaabo were great .. So was Ram Mohan Rao ..

Btw . .. I missed Suprotip Ghosh .. I guess there are a lot of new writers in now .. The one who wrote abt Broadband was nice one .. But his email address was misprinted as readersletter@thinkdigit.com .. Goof Up ..?

And dunno why was ZeroOne posted again .. I skipped them safely .. :p ..

And yeah .. I noticed in the evening that my tip was also selected for printing .. :D .. Thanks for that .. I mean printing the spelling all right this time .. :p .. :D .. Now I can show it to my parents again ..

Well.. I havent read the whole mag as yet .. So I ll edit this post afterwards..

perk_bud

Journeyman
It would have been gr8 if u had provided Brian Lara cricket on CD rather than DVD coz majority ppl dont have DVD and cricket is a game many ppl
want to play.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I liked these two the best:
The Cyborg times
Agent 001 , (my all time fav.)

and also the animation article, the incredible kamal , who made hairs for the character. :p

The DVD was better than last months and could have been done better.

Ashis

In the zone
4.34 GB but Where is the Software :evil: :?: :?:

InstallShield 10.5 Premier Edition
Where is It :x
*img96.exs.cx/img96/7091/installshield106fu.jpg

Where Should I Click to install :?:

Didn't Find it in the DVD :?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Improving, improving, but still there is a lot of scope for further improvement!!

Better than some of the previous issues. But far from what Digit used to be!!

ok, got the mag on 7 th and the cover yes was not that good.leave about the cover.the insider-
the cyborb times was good.
the gpu test was good .also,the prices surprised me! got to get one man.
Arrow the thing about the broadband was worth a read.hope get a broadband conn.for me
the video encoding is also good.
the picture sent by nagpuri was damn! good. (computer care center!)
agent 001 was not at all good
the animation studios was ok
agin the zero 1 awards with no prices mentioned
the projectors.
and guys u got to read the last page it is awesome
What about the nfsug2 preview ? u mean that one the 5 lines story o c'mon guys put it on a complete page yaar!!!

Totally a good an improved one fellows.Cheers, happy reading.
Hmm, improving improving ................
HEy it_waznt_me congrats for the tips being printed.

swatkat

Technomancer
I recieved the mag on 7 Jan,which is an improvement of sorts,because from last 2 months i have been getting it on 16 or 17 of that month.
This time,the contents were good,Cyborg Times was cool.
Where did u guys get the idea of ttp (Thought Transfer Protocol).

(That Google Ad remainded me the old Digit Backbyte joke,Windows 2010,install directly into brain!!).
Also the Graphics card test was good,i was expecting that XFX would perform well and they did!!You see,XFX is the only card manufacturer who gives right value for money.

ultima

Broken In
I may want to subscribe to your magazine but your gift offer is not really attractive at all. 4 DVDs that too Hindi movies.
May be if you offer some good English movies like Lord of Rings: Trilogy etc.. or some hardware offers.
Chip is offereing hardwares like optical mouse/kbd, wireless optical etc..
Atleast provide many options in selecting gifts. I'm not against Hindi, but i like English movies other than any language movie.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well 1st gr8 Package......Loads of softs ...thx digit .......
now the Ugly part.......no Autopatcher .......pple why do u raise expectations....when u cant fulfill them ????

Duke setup Corrupt....
So is Music match jukebox....
same with iTunes.....more coming soon....

hey byte help this guy, he is having some problem with the dvd drive offer and this is in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117953#117953 this place, so do it fast and lot of guys r thinking bad about digit.digit has to tell him something.he has sent lot of mails to digit and no one has replied him.do it byte

indianarchie

Right off the assembly line
Beware!!! ADware + Spyware in games and software!!!

I installed the bombermania game from the jan 2005 CD..and it infected my computer with loads of ads and spyware!!! i also tried to install one of the MSN name utilities from the CD..luckily i read the license agreement which stated that the 180SearchAssistant would also be installed..180SearchAssistant is a well known adblaster..it'll give you lots of popups!

Has anyone else come across other instances of spyware/adware in the bundled software??? post them here!

saketkutta

Broken In
yeah a good dvd. got mag on 10th tht too in nepal. tried fc3 when i got it. it was good but removed it as it does not browse other drives and my modem does not get installed. tried mario was good same as older video games tht i like. coz bigger games does not get installed. and printing is good but why do u guys say it bad.

thx

will edit later on

saketkutta

Broken In
I got this error when trying to run MSN Names Toolkit and MSN Random Names that I installed from the Digit DVD
Entry Point Not Found
This procedure [any] could not be located in the MSVBVM60.DLL

And I just formatted my comp so I could not use a setup file with MSI as extension.
Like "some_setup.msi"
I have Windows 98 and what is this in the DVD man

Hey and anyone please teach me how to Quote and Insert Picture coz i coulndt do it u can see the example above plz and also fast u could even email me.
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom