Fedora Core 6 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Fedora Core 6 was Officially Released Today!!

Get it Here

See the Release Notes Here

[I Know it was Leaked 2 Days ago.. But this is THE Official Release]

praka123

left this forum longback
we should wait for ubuntu edgy eft or debian Etch 4.0...fedora hmm..any followers for fedora core?:D

mediator

Technomancer
I worship fedora! :D But mah FC5 will still go around for 1-2 yrs or more I guess coz I dont like to upgrade afterevery 6 months!

OP
[xubz]

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
The Site is Down.. It Got Slashdotted JUST Now.. :cool:

Edit:Back up Again..

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Anyone interested in downloading Fedora Core 6, download it from the mirrors here
Ofcourse I'm waiting for Ubuntu Edgy Eft!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
/me gonna upgrade dapper to edgy. Not installing FC6.
I will maybe install PC-BSD again for a few days of fun.

mediator

Technomancer
Hmmmm....everybody's talking of Ubuntu. I'll give it a try too then! I downloaded and installed Free-BSD latest version on VMware. Haven't explored it yet!

eddie

El mooooo
mediator said:
I worship fedora! :D But mah FC5 will still go around for 1-2 yrs or more I guess coz I dont like to upgrade afterevery 6 months!
I don't know about how Fedora handles its upgrades but if it is like other distros then can't you add a repository for current packages and just upgrade the distro? Why would anyone want to do a fresh install of any distro for just upgrading the packages? :?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well you can do upgrades for sure. I have seen upgrade option in Fedora CD/DVD's. And I guess pup/pirut/yum/smart can do it too.

mediator

Technomancer
@eddie, I know that bro! Yum+repos can handle everything! Actually instead of upgrading the packages,kernel etc , I like to keep exploring the net and install everything that mah fedora doesn't have! I mean any tar/rpm file that I find on the net I just install it if I find it useful. Earlier on FC4 I had installed some 100+ softwares (that were not bundled with FC4 or cudn't be found thru yum+repos) even though Fedora is a montrously bundled distro! I had a lotta nice softwares. But then when I upgraded to FC5 most of those softwares (downloaded from various sites) didn't work correctly and needed a recompile. So I really don't like to upgrade a nicely working distro, but instead I like to increase the number of entries of useful applications!
Also if I start to upgrade the whole system it will take a lotta time. My PC is used heavily in mah family, so I can't leave the PC to go on downloading and updating itself for 2+ hrs . All the distros of Fedora and I got them from magazines (friend's chip or my digit). Its way easier for me to upgrade like that from CD's.

So I really don't want to upgrade that frequently and just like to do mah work peacefully! I hope u understand! :)

Neways I'll install Ubuntu on mah secondary workstation i.e mah Lappy!

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
mediator said:
But then when I upgraded to FC5 most of those softwares (downloaded from various sites) didn't work correctly and needed a recompile.
Oh I just forgot about that thing. Gentooers are so spoiled :p
Anyways I completely understand your point. An upgrade in this condition will surely break loads of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom