fed up with message "hello"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamaal

Broken In
plz help me to get rid of the problem "Hello".

i mean, when i copy any thing at any program n try to paste then it past onnly "Hello" at any times. like--> In MSWORD if i copied a text n paste it in to another place it paste "Hello". how could i solve this problem? do u have any idia?

OP
K

kamaal

Broken In
i did but still i am facing the problem. i think it is virus. but not sure. does it happen if computer enfected with virus. if y then what kind of wirus is this?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You have been infected with the WuKill worm, also known as Wullik.B@mm. The worm will mail a copy of itself to all the contacts in your email address book and would probably have infected your computer because you clicked on a file called MSHelp.exe that would've come as an attachment in your email. It copies itself to your computer as mstray.exe or mshelp.exe.
Follow the instructions here to remove the virus from your computer, and also make sure you run an updated antivirus at all times.

*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.wullik.b@mm.html

BTW, yes, it does copy "Hello" repeatedly to the system clipboard, which is why you're getting that message over and over again. Visit here for more details:

*vic.zonelabs.com/tmpl/body/CA/virusDetails.jsp?VId=41376

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I guess, the last word, u would have copied would have been hello and still when u copy another word, it doesn't get refreshed and still paste's as "hello".

Try refreshing and do the copying manuelly as see if it helps.

[edit]
Gosh! i was right! It doesnt get refreshed! And still shows that hello which was copied to the clipboard earlier.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
Gosh! i was right! It doesnt get refreshed! And still shows that hello which was copied to the clipboard earlier.

What do you mean, it isn't refreshed? He's infected with the virus, what about you? If you type "A" and then copy it, and then run "clipbrd" from Start>Run to view the contents of the Clipboard, you will see A in the Clipbook Viewer. However, if you type "B" then you WILL see "B" reflected immediately in the Clipbook Viewer, without a doubt, unless you're infected with the same virus as him or your Clipbook service is down or corrupted. What the worm does is repeatedly copy it to the clipboard, thats why he's seeing it again and again.

drgrudge

^ thats wht i meant..., the A dint change to B..., and that maybe beacuse of virus as u say.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:

What the..? Didn't you say it didn't work for you when you copied text and it wasn't being refreshed? :? Did I misunderstand something?

drgrudge

Hmm, i was right in telling that the clipboard had virus and the new word not getting copied...
Man, leave it, i hope his problem is solved...

blacklight

Journeyman
enoonmai said:
You have been infected with the WuKill worm, also known as Wullik.B@mm.

BTW, yes, it does copy "Hello" repeatedly to the system clipboard, which is why you're getting that message over and over again.

then why isnt it called as the hello virus :?: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom