FC4 Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
I tried to install FC4 from my hard drive using dosutils,upto disk partitioning the text installation works fine,but after the msg'Reading Package Information' it pops a window showing a bug and asks me to submit the bug at FC page.i am installing the distro on logical partitions..is this the problem.earlier i was able to install fc3 on the same partition from hd.So plz help me

hcp006sl

Journeyman
First check all the CDs and then try to install again. If problem persists, please report for further suggestion. This FC4 contains several bugs.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
FC4 has bugs with intel boards a lot...
865 , 915 especially have problems ith boot,
But it is better than the FC3 in quality of Apps...

P.s. Can ny one tell me how ta install M player on FC4 , it gives some compiling error and non support of gcc i think on configuring...

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Did you remove grub before trying.since FC3 uses selinux.You have to format the partitions and remove grub before installing another distro.

Satissh S

Youngling
Hey I don't know about your problem but let me tell u my experience. An error similar to yours occured to me too. When partitioning while u'r creating a new partition u hav to uncheck the tick mark next to the drive where u'r windows Installation is. This got rid off such an error. Or if U give auto partition u hav to do the samething.
:)
Linux Gurus Plz Correct me If iam wrong . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom