Status
Not open for further replies.

bhoolkumehul

Broken In
I have C,D,E,F partitons. on C win 98, D XP, i want only D patition from FAT32 to NTFS/NTFS5 without data loss. How can I? I am using Download manager called Fresh Download which will store downloaded files to F. so if i convert D to NTFS and i download any thing then will it store to FAT32 partition? also can i access FAT32 partition from NTFS? can i install any software from FAT32 to NTFS?

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Yes you can convert your existing fat32 drive (D in your case) to NTFS without losing data use the following at command prompt

Convert D: /FS:NTFS

but mind it "its a one way ticket" you cannot roll back without formatting hence losin data (or placin it some where else first)

"No" you cannot access ntfs drives using win98 (without using and third party tool) though you can access ntfs drives if you use win 2000 or above

transferring data from "ntfs to fat" or "fat to ntfs" wont be a probs Bro

"Yes" you can install any softies on ntfs drives without any issues

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
but mind it "its a one way ticket" you cannot roll back without formatting hence losin data (or placin it some where else first)

partition magic 8.05 can do the reverse ntffs to fat32:rolleyes: also try at your own risk...

DukeNukem

Come get Some
RaghuKL said:
partition magic 8.05 can do the reverse ntffs to fat32:rolleyes: also try at your own risk...

that's why its a one way ticket (one can travel without tickets but there is a risk of endin up in a 15 days jail. LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom