Far Cry - Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hey guys,

Well I didnt know exactly where to post this so MODS please feel free to move it to the relevant section if you feel the need to:

Here's config:

AMD Athalon 2600+ Barton
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo
Hynix DDR 333MHZ 512 MB
80 GB Samsung HDD
GeForce 6800 NU
17 inch monitor

Here is my issue.

I'll try and give as much detail as I can. If you guys need more info let me know and I will get it to you ASAP.

My HDD is partitioned as so :

c - 10 GB - Windows XP with SP2 - NTFS
d: - 20 GB - program Files and personal files - FAT 32
e: - 30 GB - Games - FAT 32
f: - 15 GB - no data - FAT 32

There are quite a few issues. But as of now Far Cry isnt working ever since I installed SP2. I tried reinstalling uninstalling nothing seems to work. I tried everything from the compatibility mode to uninstalling SP2 . Far cry simply refuses to work. It just crashes in the first screen itself. I checked the error file and the following files are listed as being the error list :

Far Cry.exe
Kernel32.dll
MFC42.dll

and so on. These are standard Dlls I realise. I thought my XP CD was corrupt borrowed a friends and installed it. Still the issue pops up. I just got my RAM module and my CPU and mobo changed. So I dont forsee issues there. Could my HDD be a problem ? Apart from the C drive all the other drives are FAT32 is that an issue ? Cos not only FAR CRY but the OS reboots for other things as well such as DJ apps and other music apps. I am using my on-board sound card and also Creative Soundblaster sound card as well. I am really finding it difficult to isolate the issue. Any ideas guys....

ice

In the zone
Btw, far cry has a few bugs wiht he 61.xx series of nvidia drivers.[the blue fog shit]

Far cry is a badly coded came[the guys at ubi forums say so]
Oh and , the fary cry 1.2 patch was recalled, cuz it had problems with certain hadware.

Most prolly its ur copy of farcy, if its a pirated one , u might have probelms. [i did :p]

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
shyte....well I am gettin the 1.1 patch...lets see with that...Its worryin cos the game crashes even b4 it starts off and I have gotten quite far in it.....wanna finish it....no its not a pirated one...its the original....got it along with my 6800 NU...will try and update the drivers as well...lets see...

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
which brings me to the next quesiton : Can I keep my data on E and convert it to NTFS ? Dont think I can....

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Problem solved. It was a rolled back the graphics driver to the one that was supplied with the card. Now it works fine. Now my other question is, Is it advisable to change all the partitions to NTFS ?

gamefreak14

Journeyman
If you have a 7200rpm drive...the change to NTFS will give you a huge boost in per4mance, I say this from personal experience. Now coming to converting, I don't think it's possible. why not transfer contents to some other drive, format 2 ntfs and move it back?

ice

In the zone
It is possible

start>run>cmd

convert e: fs:ntfs

rather "convert fs /? " this should bring the help menu, chose the desired handles and add them.

theraven

Technomancer
Code:
 convert x: /fs:ntfs

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/search.gif

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7279

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom