Faking an SMS on your mobile using software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simulate a SMS to be sent to your phone at a certain date and time as a reminder. Note that this feature does not cost anything. Input the phone number that you would like the application shown when the SMS comes in. Once you have completed the message, click 'Options' and 'Save'. Then the application would ask you to schedule the sent date and time. By default these two fields, they will be current date and time.
The software which is about 200 KB in size,also has interesting options like"Multi SMS" for spamming,"Encrypted Message" and "Auto Delete SMS"..

Compatiable Devices:

Nokia 3230, Nokia 3600, Nokia 3620, Nokia 3650, Nokia 3660, Nokia 6260, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6620, Nokia 6630, Nokia 6670, Nokia 6680, Nokia 6681, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7650, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia N-Gage, Nokia N-Gage QD, Nokia N70, Nokia N90, Nokia Series 60

Source:

Code:
*maverickshaunt.blogspot.com/2007/10/faking-sms-on-your-phone.html

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Came to know about this a few days back. Now, I am wondering if is there any app that can send a message to someone and pretend it is sent by some1 else.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Also any1 tried like this....?

One of my frnd will change the time and send the msg as like he sent that time itself! :D

magnet

Youngling
it was shown on tv by a guy using VOIP...the person sended a threatning message to other person with 3rd partys number....next day on front page this news came..and all leading telecom operater said they will now work against it...also TRAI is looking into matter and have told to resolve this problem at the earliest

sting

Journeyman
magnet said:
it was shown on tv by a guy using VOIP...the person sended a threatning message to other person with 3rd partys number....next day on front page this news came..and all leading telecom operater said they will now work against it...also TRAI is looking into matter and have told to resolve this problem at the earliest

hmm try with JutVoip..

Yes,making an sms appear as if it came from some other number would be illegal.But i remember my friend doing a clever thing with this Nokia mobile..He changed the Message settings to be sent as email,tinkered with a few other settings,and sent a message(an SMS) to everyone that said:

"Your number has been tracked and found to be used for illegal purposes.All incoming and outgoing services will be cancelled.Please contact your service provider immediately"

In the place of From Number,we all had got "operator@operatordomain.com"..For example,I use Airtel,so the From field carried the email address "airtel@airtelindia.com"..
That scared the wits out of many of us!

magnet

Youngling
blogger wht u talking is social networking fooling..what we were talking abt is the network short coming.....

i guess it was live india or some other channel......but they showed it practical...though its not highlighted much on tv...else every tom dick harry will start doing same..so better search on google....

lilovirus

Broken In
It is possible to fake the source number of sms using software.
as protocol for sending sms does not authenticate based on source cell number.

also when we get sms from VASP ( Value Added Service Provider ) we get only name not number.

if you are sending sms through email then also no cell number is displayed, only reference number of SMSC is displayed.

Take some practical examples

Try with paid skype out/yahoo calls VOIP service
and send sms using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom