Fake or True?? Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Jst got this mail now:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I, the undersigned, certify under penalty of perjury that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am authorized to act on behalf of J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books and owner of copyright rights therein, and Scholastic Inc., exclusive U.S. publisher of the Harry Potter books, including without limitation the cover and all other art incorporated therein (collectively, the "IP Owner"). I have a good faith belief that the materials identified below are not authorized by the IP Owner, its agent, or the law and therefore infringe the IP Owner's rights according to state and federal law. Please act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.

I may be contacted at the below address/phone/email. Thank you in advance for your immediate attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Margo Baender
Counsel | Scholastic Inc. | 557 Broadway | NYC NY 10012
P: 212.343.6547 | F: 212.343.6965 | mbaender@scholastic.com

Infringing Materials:
(Can't post link)

Lol I m scared.... Is it a spam or ture???

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Do as they say. Remove the material before it becomes worse. Please check the internet header of that email. If the original emailID is there in that header then this email is genuine. The book you have posted is copyrighted.

EDIT:mad:Chirag you are in a lot of trouble.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
You don't use proxy servers?? Or anonymous web surfing software?? And you are so clearly identifiable? And why post it like that?? You could just post a torrent...

Nothin to be done now, just take down the page, don't say anything directly to this person, and hope it goes away.

Worst comes to worst, you are Indian and as such not directly subject to their local copyright violation laws. Unless they REALLY come after you with a vengeance and get the Indian government involved in which case you are FsCKD...

Just take it down man...

vish786

"The Gentleman"
yes its true its already on net but y do u want unnecessary problem.... its wise to remove it .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Chirag man I went through your site. You will be in a lot of trouble sooner or later. I suggest you take a look at all the copyright notice of all the material you have posted. And if you the one who has uploaded to Rapidshare and other sites then also you will be in trouble.

Here you go .. EDITED ON REQUEST

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
relax dont worry ... dont get in touch with the guys who sent u the mail .... pull off everything ... close the site dis-continue ur acc and lay low ...

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
But there are many sites there on the web with same contents. Can't name here. No I have not uploaded, I jst index them.. One digit member got a similar site and he hasn't got any probs yet.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Its already cached by google. any one will be able to view just by selecting the cached page.

This is G o o g l e's cache of EDITED ON REQUEST as retrieved on 12 Jul 2007 18:12:06 GMT.
G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.
This cached page may reference images which are no longer available. Click here for the cached text only.
To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url: EDITED ON REQUEST

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
Yeah, as I said in my earlier post, it is important...DO NOT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL IN ANY COMMUNICATION THAT CAN BE TRACED BACK TO YOU and can be used AGAINST you in anyway, clear?? If things get serious and you say ANYTHING, they will find a way to make it look like you are selling pirated CDs in your house or something.

Just remove everything, play it cool and you will be okay...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Please act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.
u did so ... relax ... close the site acc of urs ...

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Omg omg omg. I have removed hp book. Any idea what to do to remove it fully. No one could ever see it on my site even thru google.. Any idea?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
well i could get the page from google.. posted the links above.. if you want I will remove the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom