F1F1F1.......help ME out.....SILLY WinRAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsood123

Broken In
i get an error

! C:\Downloads\VCTrainerPlus9.rar: Unexpected end of archive

whenever i try to open any archive related to GTA ViceCity that i download from the net.

what does this mean. && how can it be rectified.

H E L P M E O U T

saROMan

QA Juggler
well unexpected end means the trainer is not d/led properly try to d/l some other site/Download manager .....also what ver of Winrar u using?? it has nothing to do with ur prob but ver 3.20 is the most stable one.....

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Download it again....

That's the simple solution or try to repair... Never worked for me... But nothing goes in trying....

expertno.1

Technomancer
its the bad CRC checksum
please download it again or from some other site co the .rar on the site may even be corrupt

OP
D

drsood123

Broken In
MY WinRAR version is 3.42 32-bit console version.

MY WinRAR version is 3.42 32-bit console version.
I have tried to download the same file from 5 or 6 sites but everytime i recieve the same message

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Download the file again. But this time, use a different download manager. For eg, if ur using DAP, then use IE's default downloader to d/l the file.

Also, make sure the archive is not password protected. This error has been known to pop up when one tries to open such files.. Take a look at this page

Charley

Just Do It
Nimda said:
Download the file again. But this time, use a different download manager. For eg, if ur using DAP, then use IE's default downloader to d/l the file.

Also, make sure the archive is not password protected. This error has been known to pop up when one tries to open such files.. Take a look at this page
]

It really wont make a diff if u use another d/l manager...

Nimda

l33t n00b!
achacko@dataone.in said:
Nimda said:

]

It really wont make a diff if u use another d/l manager...
But the earth won't stop spinning if he uses an alternate d/l manager, right? Let him try. I'm not saying it'll work, but we don't have many options, do we? He has already tried downloading it from 5-6 different sites.

q3_abhi

Youngling
I got the same error for some other file. But when i upgraded my ver of Winrar from 2.8 to 3.40 beta5
my problem was easily solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom