F Drive is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcm

Right off the assembly line
hey everybody i am new to this forum and i am fan of digit magazine, i have problem so i want you guyz to help me ,
my friend and i both use my computer and one day i save some my files in to my drive f: then i used one software to hide drive f: so that my friend can,t view my files and i used to view drive f: through run command but before one week that sofware got some problem and it is not working and i don,t know where to find anther one and my freind letf so now i am the only one who use my computer so i want my drive f: back and i don,t know how to get it back i tried gpedit.msc but i can,t get it back the only way i can access f: drive is through run command so if anybody knows anther way i can get my drive f :back please tell me...........

spyder

Broken In
My friend has a similar prob.
He locked a 10 GB folder wid a software & forgot the password.
Now it is occupying the 10 GB & shows only 0 KB in folder properties.
Can't be accessed even from new window installations.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Reinstall that software which you used before- exactly in the same place where you had installed it before. Now provide the old password and see if this works.

@Spyder- Full Format that drive in order to get rid of the locked space.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah BOTH THE ABOVE SUGGESTIONS ARE THE BEST WAYS..

try REPARTITIONING YOUR HDD BY DM... IT WILL SURELY WORK AND THEN REINSTALL WINDOWS

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
try a thing or 2 before formatting...

Just Right Click of My Computer on the start menu, the select Manage

now go to Disk Management to see whether any Partition is hiding without a drive letter of any such... post a screen shot here of the Disk Management if nessacery...

the usual way is to reinstall that software and use it to unlock ur drive...this is why I hate file and folder locking softwares...

OP
E

emcm

me i can access the files in my drive but the problem is when you click on mycomputer that drive will not show up. C: and D: and E: and G: for da cd-drive only will show up but when i want to access the f: drive i have to go run command then type f:\ then that is the only way i can access my files

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Goto Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Select Disk Management.
See if the F: drive is allocated properly. Try Changing its drive letter.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open "regedit" and goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

In right-side pane, look for following DWORD values:

NoDrives
NoViewOnDrive

If exist, then delete them.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Vishal Gupta said:
^^
lol, thnx buddy but lets see whether he got his problem solved or not by using the trick! ;)

if he replies back ..;)..
if he doesnt then the problem is solved and if does then he still has the problem...this what i have seen on forum..very few members comback and give feedback abt solution given to them if it is correct one ;)

OP
E

emcm

thank u guyz for trying to help me and by theway i get that software which i used to hide my drive and i installed it back and now i get my drive back

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Thats the right way! :D
Always post in thread, if ur problem has been solved so that other members can know the solution, if they also face the same problem in future. ;)

suraj

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
Thats the right way! :D
Always post in thread, if ur problem has been solved so that other members can know the solution, if they also face the same problem in future. ;)

vishal is right .
pl do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom