Extremely Bizarre DVD writer issue !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I am facing a very wierd problem with my DVD writer(s) these days ...

It goes like this .... I had a sony DVD writer ... which I used to write like 90 DVD's but then it started giving power check related errors in nero... so I sent it for repairs, they guy over there told me that the DVD writer was fine, he even wrote a DVD for me and send it back. The DVD worked fine indeed. But I still went on to buy a ASUS DVD writer... And I wrote 5 DVD's with it, ALL of them worked fine when I wrote them but after 2 days three of those five DVD's ain't working anymore ....

What can be the problem ?

Can it be anything related to the power consumption of my graphics card ? Because all the problems started after I got the card only. I have an Sapphire ATI X1600 Pro card ... It doesn't require any extra power connecter other than the normal PCI-E slot.

My system config is ... ASUS K8NVM mobo, AMD Athlon 64 2800+ , 1GB RAM , Sapphire 512 MB Ati X1600 Pro, and 2 DVD writers , 1 Sony DWQ30A and the other one is of ASUS ....

I've been constantly writing on Moser Baer DVD media....

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Hmmm .. since ur using Moder Baer DVD's ... and ur DVDRW is not faulty ... i think the problem could be with Nero 7 ... try some other burning softwares like CD BurnerXP etc. etc. .. infact Nero 6 would do anyway ..

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I tried it with Nero 7 and 6 both .... it still didn't work ..... but good idea about CD Burner XP ..... Would try that ....

spyingshadow

Broken In
U didn't mention ur power supply, did u? Since u have mentioned that the problem started after u purvhased ur Ati Chipset graphic card, prolly the load on ur SMPS became more than it could handle. Try exchanging ur power supply for at least a 500 watt one. If u wanna go high end, antec is the way to go, nut if u want something reasonably cheap, uy one from Zebronics, or consult Agetn001 at agent001@thinkdigit.com
THe problem can also B 4om the use of Nero along with some other software. What I mean is, Nero is a resource hogger, it utilizes a lot of system resources while burning. THere have been cases when just using Word Processor along with Nero helped create a nice 4.3 gb coaster. SO see if u have some other writer. I would recommend Roxio if u wanna splurge. Or Power ISO if no frills is the way to go.
(I myself use NEro 6 but when I write my DVDs, I even close down open Folders and system tray icons! Paranaoia, but that is it.)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Remove the graphics card and go back to onboard for some time. That will confirm whether the graphics card is using too much power or not.

OP
NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Yeah I have 400W iball SMPS ... Guess I should upgrade it ...

Though I think the problem was with the Moserbaer media I got ... because I burned some Writex media and they are working fine till now ...

Thanks guys ... I will post if the problem continues

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
ufff ... u could have mentioned the price atleast ... DVD have more fakies than cd now-a-days ... get one's like Sony or LG or even Moser Baer with 16x support .. and should cost atleast 20 bucks .. life's harsh ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom