Extracting music from a song ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

webdev

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys :) ,
I just wanted to know if there is any software which is capable of extracting the music alone from a song....say let it be a movie song.....there would be a male/female singing with a background music going, i want the background music alone. Is there a software which is capable of doing this :?:

theraven

Technomancer
this has been discussed already
this isnt possible .. since the songs are single layered ... all this editing can be done when the song is in its early stages .. and before everything is merged ...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
With Goldwave, u can remove th vocals in a song, but it does n't work for all th songs. It only reduces th volume levels of selective frequencies i.e. th vocal range. U can try it if u like.

OP
W

webdev

Right off the assembly line
Thanks

Hmm..i thought there should have been some way to extract music alone using SoundForge or Acidxpress and tools like that..I needed the music for the college culturals dance program...anyhow, thanks for the info guys...hope someone makes a software for this purpose alone.. :D

curvenger

Broken In
hah no software will work perfect, there are many vocal removing software or pluggins in winamp also but that can not be completely done!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Try softwares like mp3 to midi...they will help you...out...but i dont get this...each and every song u want to extract has a midi on the net...why dont u download midi straight away so then u dont need to go .....by the well do u wanna Koroake :p

theraven

Technomancer
midi wouldnt sound like the original file anyways
it scales it down ... it sounds like the polyphonic ring tones of a mobile ...
and that isnt exactly removin vocals and keepin the "music"
midi and other formats which are used to store music/songs are completely diff ... in standards/technology both ...

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Hardware to the rescue

here's something (only if u have lots of money)
and this works!!!
Numark CDN25G Dual CD Player W/ Dual Video Outputs
*www.planetdj.com/expanded_detail.tpl?cart=109647755924251203&SKU=CDN25G&IMAGE_EXIST=Y

and
RSQ MV-333 Triple Tray Karaoke Player

*www.planetdj.com/expanded_detail.tpl?cart=109647755924251203&SKU=MV-333&IMAGE_EXIST=Y

sniper

Broken In
Well as theraven said...its all merged up,
but some softwares do the basic suppression of vocal frequecies, take my word that you would never find a dream software, the most u will find is some software which had a number of presets and u manually see which preset works best for u, I did try these 7-8 months back, worked pretty good, Yogen Vocal Remover, Izotope Ozone Plugin for Winamp/QCD etc, dun remember others,

BTW many ppl get a neat "Sound Effects" thing with their sound drivers of MOBO (AC 97 etc etc), even that has got a voice cancellation option which works as good as other softwares. Ill post a screenshot, gotta go for ma classes.

medpal

Medic on Call!!
btw i found a good sound removal guide here.

it has been thoroughly described there how much you can get and what is not achievable.

i am just a pointer work done by the person mentioned there.

girish_b

Journeyman
Kl@w-24 said:
With Goldwave, u can remove th vocals in a song, but it does n't work for all th songs. It only reduces th volume levels of selective frequencies i.e. th vocal range. U can try it if u like.

that's really right,,
i've been using goldwave for along timre. if you try the optin for removing vocals.. it will give out a vauge blurred sound like water coming from a tap..

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
a perfect vocal removal software is just like a software that can make out a tree out of a forest pic :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom