External hard drive dropped and not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
I have an IOGEAR 160gb external hard drive,USB powered,which i dropped by mistake and since then its not getting detected...
When i connect it to the comp i get the beep once but the drives never show up...i can even feel the disk rotating in the hard drive when i hold it in my hand..have tried using it in other PC's too but no help...and yes the led light on the case does come ON as well..

I then opened up the case to see if there were any loose connections or crack on the hard drive but nothing to be found...the circuit board and the hard drive looked normal...and for the info. its an Western Digital hard drive in the case...

Now please help me with it..the hard was almost full hence there is lot of data in it and i need to recover it...what do i do with it now?:(

gopz

In the zone
If there is any physical damage to the internal circuitry, you cannot recover the data yourself, but experts can do it.

Try stellar.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
If there is any physical damage to the internal circuitry, you cannot recover the data yourself, but experts can do it.

Try stellar.
Ofcourse we can recover the data.I have recovered it many times now.But for that the disk has to be detected first.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
i installed Stellar but it failed to detect the drive as well,even after the scan so no help from there...i am not sure if i was clear in my first post but i will repeat that my drive is not getting detected...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom