External Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrinder.singh

Right off the assembly line
Hello all
i desperately need to buy an external hard disk min. capacity of say 150 GB and my concerns are listed in descending order:
1. My First concern is the safety, the data that i will be storing is extremely precious.. Its 6 years of hard work and i cannot lose it.
2. My Second Concern is the budget at max say Rs. 4000
3. The least of my concerns is portability..

I have no clue about the various types of hard disks etc etc.. all i know that i cannot lose this data at any cost so i require a lot of help in choosing a hard disk which is totally safe

PLEASE HELP

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
you will get 250 gb in that price.
Seagate FreeAgent USB 2.0 - 250GB for 4k and WD for 4.3k with same gb. They are safe, but in my opinion its always good to make a second back on a re-writable disk. Worse case scenario. I just recently got western digital and its pretty reliable. Seagate is also good but I used to feel some heat and vibrations during write up. Western digital have a door to door warranty service so its a great plus.

acewin

Point Blanc
under 4K 160 GB comes, and its not necessary that you buy WD Passport you can also buy WD Elements it would be atleast Rs. 200 lesser and is also lighter than WD Passport.

I got WD Passport and have also bought WD Element.
The supplied software in WD Passport is a 30 days trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom