External Hard Disk: thin or thick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi.xolve

Broken In
Hello everybody.

I am planning to buy an 80 GB USB external hard disk. What things should I consider before buying one.

My friend told me that they come in two varieties. One which are thinner and sleeke and other which are thicker. He told me that the thicker ones are more durable. Is this true.

Also please tell me the prices and good brands to buy, and prices in New Delhi.

acewin

Point Blanc
thinner is laptop HDD and thicker is desktop HDD, what overall amount you are spending,
I would suggest branded WD or Transcend external HDD
160 GB comes in less than 3K and 250GB in 4K
These would be thin ones and they are better if you are planning of real external and you have to carry them alot.(I think your needs would be this)
Otherwise even a good desktop HDD+ good casing is also a choice to go with.(if not needing much mobility then really putting the desktop HDD inside your system directly attached to mobo is better option.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
it depends on ur purpose of buying it . for example i bought mine for just storing and not travelling so i bought a 3.5" freeagent drive that is 500gb. if u want for travelling purposes, u may consider the thinner ones, although i dont reccommend it if ur just gonna sit at ur house because they MAY fail many times,personal experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom