external DVD writer USB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
HI ALL

As my laptop and desktop DVD writers keep on showing errors ..i was thinking the idea of buying DVD writer (external USB based) .. can anyone tell me how successful are they ? and whats the cost (cheapest) ..

and also tell your exp abt USB external CD writers ..

TIA
Sumit

royal

Padawan
Well I have been using my BENQ1650 internal DVD writer as an external one with a IDE to USB connector cable for quite sometime now.

I connect it to my laptop and have burned over 200 DVDs :cool: so if you have an internal writer u can convert it to an external one.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Sony 18 x Ext. Rs. 5800/-
LG 18X Ext. Rs. 3480/-
Sony Slim DVD Writer Rs. 6050/-

Iomega external DVD writer compact version is available and preffered one...but do not have the pricing off hand...

If you are little adventures and want to save money, then you can buy a external casing available for Rs.800/- and plug in a internal DVD /combo drive for it...but then i have heard problems related to it and might require tweaking....for some drives...

HP DVD420e and it works great.

Make sure that whatever DVD writer you buy, it should be able to burn the format you need, eg, DVD+ or DVD- and now the latest is the blueray or HD

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^damn costly man!

I think it would be better to get a simple internal dvd wtoter and get a sata\ide to usb something.Spending 5k on dvd writer sounds too much IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom