Explorer Problem !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hello all..

2 days bac i was playin Hulk the game and in the middle i got stuck.. i was forced to do a restart.. after restarting my explorer is gone.. and also my sys hangs a lot and culdnt c any windows correctly.. so wat i did was reinstalled my Video Drivers.. but in vain.. then got an idea and unloaded Windowblinds 5.. wat a surprise all workd fine.. so uninstalle Windowblinds permanently.. but the prob is whenevr i restart my PC i culdnt c my explorer.. it takes abt 5-10 min for it to appear..

i even copied the explorer.exe frm Windows XP CD and it seems not 2 work.. wat can i do now.. help pls.. TIA

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
will i hv 2 reinstall all the appz or it juz replaces the windows files ??? Also whr can i find the Upgrade option in XP. I think i can c Fresh Install, Repair. How 2 do it ??

TIA

d

Journeyman
yep...i think u shld use "repair" not upgrade only as a last resort...try system restore n see if it works...mostly it shld!

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
I do used the repair option frm XP CD.. when i first experiencd this prob i loaded my XP Cd and did a repair.. and i searched for the explorer files in system32.. astonishingly i culdnt find any.. so i copied explorer.exe and explorer.scf frm the cd and pasted in the system32 folder.. but also the same prob persists..

And i too did the sys restore.. but no restore point is saved or shown.. but nw i hv find a solution.. i.e., i am not restartin my PC nowadays.. juz hibernatin.. any other fixes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom