Explorer.exe errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreveranuj

Broken In
Almost everytime I'm on the Internet, i get explorer.exe errors...specially after I close an IE session.
When there are too many explorer.exe errors, what does that indicate?
Thanks, in advance!
Anuj
Hydbad, India

H

h4ck3r

Try to replace the original explorer.exe by overwriting windows

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
a better way... Try not to use IE !
Use browsers like
Firefox
Opera
MyIE - Like IE

or if you still want to use IE go to Tools>Windows Update > and choose the IE updates available.

indrajit

Journeyman
Try posting the HijackThis log file here. This will help to get a better view of the problem.

Edited: Just saw that you are running the same thread in the QnA section also! Thats against forum rules, its called spamming, if you didn't know that already. The other thread will surely be locked by the mods, but please refrain from doing it again in the future.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
yes I also face the same probs on 2 of my machines dunno y this happes with ie 5. (6 completely fuggs the machine on 98). So i also was guessing what was the prob. The windows dont cr@p but it just keeps on giving these messages.

H

h4ck3r

hey there is nothing to do with ie ... but i still suggest firefox ..

You can also make a temporary arrangement by extracting xplorer.exe from your windows backup if it is win98 .. if it is xp i dunno a shortcut ..

Anyways my tut on Windows cryptic errors
==================================================
$$ Disclaimer : $$
I created this tutorial for informational purposes only!
Much of the information in this document can be used to perform illegal activities!
Don't attempt to do anything stated in this document!
If you do attempt to do anything, you are solely and fully responsible for what you do!
If you get caught and get in any kind of trouble, it's your own fault!

$$ Introduction $$
Time for another tut guys , from " k!sh0Re "

A tutorial on how to tackle , and analyse windows error messages.Its so simple to analyse the cause .
Here goes the tut .....

$$ Target $$
You should have a Windoze Box thats it......

$$ Tools $$
As this tut is about windoze trouble-shooting no tools needed ;-)

$$ Description $$

All those of you who are Windoze users, may be pretty familiar with the blue error screen that
Windows pops up every now and then.Ilegal Operation errors, Exception errors and Kernal errors must
be a very common sight to you. The problem with the errors is that they provide the user with very little information
on what caused the error to occur and why the application or Windows crashes. In order to
analyse the reasons behind the crash or error, we need to be able to understand what Windows is
trying to tell us through the weird difficult to understand error messages it provides us with.

SO LETS START AND LEARN ABOUT Windoze errors

Errors
Many people become panicky when they see the blue error screen or the "blue death", they really don't know what to do,
some even start calling tech support saying that their computer is infected with a virus or worm. Well there is no
reason for a user to dread Windoze errors . They can be used usefully and for analysing problems or roots of
the problems, and answer questions like what exactly caused an error to occur and When does an error occur and
what sould I do to rectify this error.

There are three general types of error messages you may encounter when working with applications under Windoze.
They are Exception errors, Illegal operation errors and Kernel errors.

Exception Error
An exception error signifies that something unexpected has happened within the Windoze environment,
typically an improper memory access. For example, an application or a Windows component might read
or write to a memory location that has not been allocated to it, potentially overwriting and corrupting other
program code in that area of memory.

Fatal Errors(A fatal exception occured at OE kinda error)
Fatal exception errors are typically of the form: A fatal exception <Some No(variable)> has occurred at (offset)AAAA:XYXYxyxy

Fatal exception errors are codes returned by a program if access to an illegal instruction has been encountered,
invalid data or code has been accessed, or the privilege level of an operation is invalid.

When any of these errors occur, the processor returns an exception to the operating system, which in turn is
handled as a fatal exception error. In many cases, the exception is non-recoverable, and the system must be
restarted or shut down, depending on the severity of the error.

In the fatal exception error 'A fatal exception <Some no(variable)> has occurred at ZZZZ:vxcvxcvx, the <Some no> represents
the actual processor exception from OO to OF.
The ZZZZ:vxcvxcvx represents the "code segment pointer" : actual address where the exception occurred.

Illegal Operation errors(This has perfromed blah..blah.. error)
Illegal Operation errors or 'program crashes' are actually invalid page faults (IPF). The error message is similar to:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
If you click Details, the following error message appears:

"<$Application$> caused an invalid page fault in module <$module name$> at <$offset$>."
After you click OK, the program is shut down.When you click on Close it does not shutdown.

NOTE : In details you can see registers(usally 32 bit) eax ,esi ,eip etc. with some values has caused the program to
shoot a page-fault.

An invalid page fault also occurs when a program or the Windows components reads or
writes to an offset (OFFSET IS in simple terms A MEMORY LOCATION) that is not allocated to it.
Kernel errors are also similar to this type.

The clue to the cause of an IPF is in the IPF error message that is shown by Windoze.
Note the module name that is listed. If you can gather clues about the component that is causing the IPF,
then you can analyse the cause of the problem.

===============================================================================================================
$$ Conclusion $$
FOR ANY QUERIES FEEL FREE TO
Contact me : cop_rpk@yahoo.co.in
I reply all the mails but it may take sometime.
If you are a skilled cracker dont hesitate to join us :)
Cya in my next tut.
===============================================================================================================

All Rights Reserved ©
Kishore.INc

==================================================

gamefreak14

Journeyman
The above text has been plagiarized from the article "Windows Cryptic Error Messages" by Ankit Fadia
*www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/WindowsCrypticErrorMessages.php
Ofcourse, with a little bit of editing.
[/b]

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
OS?
Run fsc in win 9x.
For XP boot via the wxp installation disk.
When prompted choose repair existing windows installation.
Setup will overwrite many system files.
Most probably this will solve the problem.
Also try system restore in XP if u have enabled it.

H

h4ck3r

@ gamefreak : What does the previous post of yours mean ??

Elaborate....

theraven

Technomancer
it means u bumped ur post off that link
u copied
ctrl + C'd and ctrl + V'd
ripped
stole

and then edited / shortened

didnt give source

added your own credit and contact

any more explainations required or do u need a dictionary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom