explorer error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well i keep getting this error saying illegal operation and explorer has shutdown.. any explorer window like my computer..closes.. taskbar dis-appears and then re-appears.. other progs run fine.. i scanned comp with avg,ad-aware,spybot.. eradicated some infected files.. but now am starting to get BSOD.. saying begining of memory dump.. happens both when playing games... or just browsing system.. and sometimes my HDD is not gettin recog. in boot up.. detects only DVD combo.. i tried by checking and re-checking connections and cables.. wats wrong..

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i know but i don wanna do that.. my dvd writer is not in order gotta service it.. n i got so much data that i cant format..

S

SE><IE

since your optical drive isn't working, i'm providing you "Explorer.exe"
Got to task manager and kill "explorer.exe" process. Start a new task as "cmd".
Now replace the original explorer.exe by the one I've provided.
Don't forget to replace the one in prefetch folder too.

Explorer.exe> *rapidshare.com/files/3459701/explorer.exe.html

S

SE><IE

ok i did wat u said.. wat now?
I suppose this was directed at me.
Try starting explorer.exe processs from taskmanager.

I suppose the problem was with explorer.exe. :)

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i reinstalled windows.. formatted the whole drive.. and now again am gettint the same explorer error.. infact i used a different XP cd this time.. it was working fine and after a restart it stopped i downloaded ur explorer and repatched it but still no use.. not even in safe mode am able to work.. says explorer error.. i am navigating using a cmd window :( :( i dont understand what the problem is.. can some1 please help me out..

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I m sure ur using some Pirated Version of Windows like most of us ... try finding some good media for Windows XP do a fresh installation and then update your XP to SP2 and install a good AV ... be careful with the apps you are installing on your computer one of them might be crashing your Explorer so install one use a day then install another see which one creates the problem.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
il tell u wat all i did..

installed XP with SP2.. then WMP 11.. opera 9.02 and FF 2 .. yahoo and msn messenger.. i am not even able to delete or overwrite the C:\windows\explorer.exe

i h ave downloaded the alternate explorer.exe at d:\downloads\explore.exe when i open that file thro dos the windows works but just for a moment and again i get explorer error..

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
For me it seems a hardware problem ;)

I think some of ur hardware is causing this problem!

Try to change ur RAM and HDD :)

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yes.. one cable connecting my hdd's (80 + 20) ide and one cable for my liteon dvd writer and samsung combo

I think some of ur hardware is causing this problem!

Try to change ur RAM and HDD :)

will RAM cause this probleM?

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I think the problem is in the video driver. Check for latest drivers from the corresponding websites. If you have the latest version, then:
Do the following:

1. Right Click on desktop> Properties>Settings>Advanced>Trouble shoot>
2. Lower the Hardware acceleration to minimum.
3. Also disable 'Enable Write combing' check box.

Restart the PC.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well @mishra i changed data cables still no use..

@kiran i have latest drivers.. am not able 2 right click and go to properties..

now i overwrited the explorer.exe by doing this

i went to the repair console in Win XP and in that dos i deleted the explorer.exe then i went to safe mode.. with command prompt and first copied the clean explorer.exe.. no errors.. it was fine..

so i logged to windows in normal mode..

i keep getting windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.. i click dont send report everthing back to normal but iget the msg again.. it keeps on comming no matter how many times i click dont send.. right now its there but i put it below the taskbar and working. am not able to go to right click -> properties

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@Bharatbhala..

Hey! You have Windows XP right? I am telling u to go to 'Display properties' menu..where you change your destop wallpaper..etc..

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/4564/rk1mediumzj2.jpg

Or ..

Start>Control Panel>Display>Settings>Click Advanced >Trouble shoot tab...

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i know u meant that anyway i did it thro control panel and its of no use..

*support.microsoft.com/kb/883791

but am not able to find wat it says in the registry under local_machine

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I don't think so it is a registry problem.
You mentioned that u have installed XP. Did you install updates?
Autopatcher is recommended. If you have done all these and still facing the same problem, then it's the Hardware problem. In minor graphics problem cases, the steps which I mentioned in 'Display Properties' would solve the problem. Since that is also of no use, I think you need to change your Display card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom