Excess Bandwidth being used of Dataone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker

Broken In
I use Dataone Home 500 Plan which has a limit of 2.5 GB lately excess of my bandwidth is being used... even if i don't do anything..just connecting to the net and the bandwidth is being used at above 220 KBPS .... it never happened before.. it just started when i formatted my PC.

Automatic updates are off.
None of the softwares is being updated.

Dude, what do you mean my 220KBPS. That's the speed you are referring to and where exactly did you find that? Are you looking at the Dataone website to know your actual usage or somewhere else?

apacheman

Journeyman
hey ..
i too plan to for this BSNL Dataone 500 plan, howz the connection? duz it suffer frm frequent server problems? and how is the bandwitdh provided? duz it really reach 2 Mbps? and do they have some free download limit in the hight hours?

apacheman said:
hey ..
i too plan to for this BSNL Dataone 500 plan, howz the connection? duz it suffer frm frequent server problems? and how is the bandwitdh provided? duz it really reach 2 Mbps? and do they have some free download limit in the hight hours?

Check www.bsnl.co.in for the details.

However, the speeds really depend on how far you are from the exchange and the quality of your line. I've got underground cabling and I get about 1.6Mbps of actual download speed which is excellent for a 2Mbps line. Yes, night between 2am and 8am is free usage. Otherwise 2.5GB/month

Kniwor

Learner
rocker said:
I use Dataone Home 500 Plan which has a limit of 2.5 GB lately excess of my bandwidth is being used... even if i don't do anything..just connecting to the net and the bandwidth is being used at above 220 KBPS .... it never happened before.. it just started when i formatted my PC.

Automatic updates are off.
None of the softwares is being updated.

seems like a virus to me.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
do one thing install a antivirus (dont aks which one..search the forum as the antivirus battle is going on since too long and i am seriously fed up with the battle ) install a antispyware (search forum for the thread).. then install a firewall ( that too search )

do in this steps
first download all the above mentioned progms
then unplug the network lan cable
install the program
then even thought not asked just do a restart (kindly note : dont posponde the restart if asked by any of the above programs )

do a system scan i mean deep scan the system ..

if things are ok then connect the Lan..configure the firewall (if not configured )

sit back and relax

also download the shahplus bandwidth meter (google it ) and there too u can find softwares which does the bandwidht analysis ...or jsut search the thread for bsnl dataone

enjoy

regards
Nixon

OP
R

rocker

Broken In
I calculated the speed.... saw it in the Status Window....
And i think it is a virus too .. but AVG doesn't show any Virus...

rocker said:
I calculated the speed.... saw it in the Status Window....
And i think it is a virus too .. but AVG doesn't show any Virus...

Dude, I think you are getting confused between speed and usage. Like I asked before, where and what are you looking at to confirm these things? Did you check your usage using the dataone website? Or are you just checking the speed?

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
try this buddy :

install a good firewall on ur system like zone alarm etc which will show u ur

outgoing entries.

install a good download meter through u can keep trace on ur mbs usage

like DUmeter etc.

and if u see something fishy try kaspersky online scan

Guys, guys, wait.. he hasn't answered what the exact nature of the problem is, I think he is just getting confused with the speed and usage. So @rocker, please look at my last post and please answer those questions so that we can help you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom