Everything on the SONY PSP

which 1 wud u prefer nintendo dual screen game boy or the PSP

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSP! Will be getting one soon. Just to take my MP4's and MP3's with me. What about gaming? Who cares.

*www.xilisoft.com/psp-video-converter.html

-Keith

magnet

Youngling
hey thk god.....i was jus going to post a topic...and i saw this topic...nyways..i hav planned to go 4 psp..........but need certain things to know.....]

1:::whts its cost now...earlier i heard ard 11-13k here.........also in mumbai which is the best place to buy this........i know lamington is there...along with heera panna.....but ppl discuss abt some place in andheri or khar..so do let me know....

2::: how is its battery life?????i heard its only 90mins...is that true.....

3:::also does it face dead pixel problem now also????and how much is the warranty period of psp...

4:::the cd disc for psp...umd......does any pirated version of it..r easily available in market????i guess each umd cost ard 1-3k

i m some doubt abt ps2 and ps 3 which ill post in seperate topic.....btw my vot also goes with psp

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
magnet wrote:
hey thk god.....i was jus going to post a topic...and i saw this topic...nyways..i hav planned to go 4 psp..........but need certain things to know.....]

1:::whts its cost now...earlier i heard ard 11-13k here.........also in mumbai which is the best place to buy this........i know lamington is there...along with heera panna.....but ppl discuss abt some place in andheri or khar..so do let me know....

2::: how is its battery life?????i heard its only 90mins...is that true.....

3:::also does it face dead pixel problem now also????and how much is the warranty period of psp...

4:::the cd disc for psp...umd......does any pirated version of it..r easily available in market????i guess each umd cost ard 1-3k

i m some doubt abt ps2 and ps 3 which ill post in seperate topic.....btw my vot also goes with psp

Now for ur querries,one by one....
1.) Yup u can check the PSP at Andheri-west at shop called ALPHA near Irla.a piece of advicePlz go for a original PSP even if u hv to shell out a Rs.250/- or more coz in mumbai,Refurbished PSP r in the market... :wink:

2.)The battery life is preety good actually,depending on the media that u r playing but its much greater than 90 Minutes...

3.)There is no dead pixel problem in PSP (if u go in for a original piece and not a refurbished one) :wink: and u can also check out the PSP with its warranty at the official store in mumbai, the SONY WORLD in JUHU SCHEME neat TIAM Cafe.....

4.)As of now i dont know if there r any pirated UMDs but even if they r available,ther is no software to play them coz it will simply corrupt ur PSP..so u can take chances...if u wish too :wink: (and yes UMDs will cost ur wallet to be less heavy by a couple of thousands...)

cheers n e-peace.......

magnet

Youngling
how would i know..whether its original or duplicate.............yup umd as of now havent been cracked

pakkasir

Broken In
I just wish that the PSP 2 (it's a long time, i know) also integrates basic mobile functions. That way, it would be much easier to convince one's parents to buy that gadget.

Deathdart

Broken In
Hey,
I just wanna say that the Nintendo DS is not at all bad compared to the PSP. In fact, it might just be better. It has a dual display, touchscreen, 32-bit colour display and it can run loads of free software. Now, the PSP can't run any software once you upgrade the firmware (I was stupid enought to do that :()

@magnet
1) I bought my PSP for 13k (in Pune)

2) The battery life is about 6 hours of continuous gaming/movie watching at full volume and full brightness. Battery lasts over 20 hours if you listen to mp3's continuously at full volume with the screen turned off.

3) There is no dead pixel problem with the PSP

4) The UMD's have been cracked, in the sense that the images of the UMDs are available and can be played from your Memory Stick (you have to download about 1.8 GB files for each game). However, there is no way right now to burn a UMD, so pirated UMDs are not available. Each original UMD costs anything between Rs. 2500 and Rs. 3200

If you have any more questions about the PSP, please ask :)

Go for Sony PSP .... two versions available ... i ges. On one, u can run movies, songs, etc, n ofcourse ... GAMES. On the other ... u can ONLY play games. If uv got a hard on or watchin movies or songs on d move ... go wid d former version ... its a couple of grands expensive though!

Deathdart

Broken In
@futuristically_ancient:
There ARE two version of the PSP, but not the way you describe them. Both versions can play songs, movies and show photos along with playing games. The difference is that the Japanese version (which is the only version available in India) cannot play movie UMDs that are region coded in America, while the american version can't play the movie UMDs coded in Japan. You can still play any movies from the Memory Stick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom