Status
Not open for further replies.

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
What's the matter with you guys? Someone is concerned about the English language, someone about Pakis. Some people even are interested in hot debates whether Dogs should be treated like they are or not. Man!
Ever heard of patriotism? I am sick and tired of people not respecting our motherland. Recently one of my friends was walking down the road with me and there was a Tricolor lying on the road(thanks to some patriotic and janhit karne wali politics). As I bent to pick it up, my friend conveniently stepped on it and continued on his way.
Whenever I am engaged in a debate on this topic, friends conveniently label me as a BUDDHA(Not the enlightened but old). What say?
Also I would be much obliged if someone would enlighten me about why our country is called India and not Bharat. US is not called Amrika, neither is Russia called Roos! They name their country in their language but our country is named in English and YET Hindi is our national language! I am proud of people caring about Mumbai (Bombay), to hell with the nation. After all only Maharashtrians are going to vote them. Why care about the country?

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Wats ur point???
u talking bat patriotism or language or politicians or name of cities or ........

Please quote the subject pal...

OP
DizitalNovice

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
I am talking about all the insensitiveness and ignorance that has occupied all people. I am talking about patriotism. All others come under this one huge feeling itself! be it names or politicians' gaddari to our nation,or be it the disrespect we have become used to.

neelu09

Broken In
@t159
couldn't get you. Please make yourself clear!

what he means is that everyone has the fire of patriotism in themselves. But it is revealed only when there is true crisis. Like an attack or something. Then everyone will be ready to lay down their lives for their motherland.

Someone is concerned about the English language
why should I not be concerned about english language ?
someone about Pakis
whats wrong with being concerned about pakis ?
Some people even are interested in hot debates whether Dogs should be treated like they are or not
anything wrong with discussing animal rights ?
...and YET Hindi is our national language
language by choice is stronger than language by chance

PS: your topic is sooo intresting, that I decided to delete mine. I made mine because I had nothing new to aruge about and made it as provocative to replies as I could, but your topic is waaaaaaay better. Thanks.

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
What's the matter with you guys? Someone is concerned about the English language, someone about Pakis. Some people even are interested in hot debates whether Dogs should be treated like they are or not. Ever heard of patriotism? I am sick and tired of people not respecting our motherland.
Do you mean to say we shouldn't discuss anything other than our Motherland? or we should all vent our frustration in only "speaking" about Patriotism like you? If speaking about a country's troubles/issues/corruption/politics/economics/research etc.. with rationality/thought/time/cynicism/sarcasm is being "anti-patriotic" you should just come out of your midget hole eye-wrap and get a better one. Patriotism is not about preening over the things one's country is good at or best at.
What other stories like taking the flag from the ground, (applause of course) so that no others mean disrespect to it, do you have to say? Did you join the army or police, oh wait, you wrote the examination and cleared but failed in physical fitness?? :p

PS: Stop stealing others' threads!!

@legolas: fully agreed with you there. what we see is a national hypocrite who is totally over biased towards topics concerning his country to an extent which makes him hate other topics.

OP
DizitalNovice

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
@legolas
Well yes, I failed in the physical test. couldn't see myself sacrificing my life in the army with no money and no pleasure.
Nothing in the world is anti patriotic unless concerned with negativity. I just wanted to bring to attention not only how all of us are concerned about things which matter(of course), but also how we disregard our own goodness. Like that said na "Ghar ki Murgi Dal barabar". That is all I wanted to say. I am sorry you people are hurt because of my cynism. I don't hate other topics , just wanted to bring this to ur attention too.

jal_desai

In the zone
Well, none of you are unpatriotic just because we are not joining the Army... Jiski zaroorat jahn pe hoti hai vahin pe hoti hai.... I am an IT engg. I will provide my knowledge to my country to make it grow... Some other will go to the border and protecit... ITS NOT ALWAYS PHYSICAL... IT CAN BE SPIRITUAL, MENTAL AND EVEN PSYCHOLOGICAL.... IT IS TRUE THAT WE ARE ABOVE 100 CRORES, BUT WE STILL ARE INTEGRATED... AND STILL YOU CAN SEE DEVELOPMENT IN OUR COUNTRY... IF THIS POPULATION IS PUT IN AMERICA THEN ITS ECONOMY WOULD FALL LIKE HOUSE OF CARDS... SOME PROBLEMS ARE THERE BUT LOOK AT THE BRIGHTER SIDE... COZ IT DOESNT MATTER HOW FAR EVIL GOES... IT ALWAYS REMAINS ONE STEP BEHIND THE GOOD

GeekyBoy

In the zone
He wants to make it clear that disrespecting your country's national flag is the worst crime that you can ever commit against your country. We all claim to consider our country as our motherland. But if we truly consider it and someone steps on the national flag, shouldn't it be equivalent to someone stepping on their own mother! Tell me, would anyone do that ??????

legolas

Padawan
^ ^ its appreciated. but, that doesn't mean speaking about English language and its potential misuse is in anyway below par or showing disrespect or being negligent or being lenient in one's views or patriotism over one's motherland.
This is not a "post on only motherland" or "show your patriotism by preening over your actions" thread section.
This thread was opened as a directed consequence of a now-closed thread in venting his frustration over the topics that doesn't interest him (the original poster). Its better to restrain from giving your views or posting your concerned views reg. that post in that thread. Not stealing others threads and play the "patriotism" card!!
All this coming from a person who most possibly has had English as the first language in schools and colleges!! I would validate your concerns by giving my views and respecting yours, if the thread was just like any other thread with your concerns/interests/opinions and not a reflection of your misconceptions from others' threads.

Last edited:
about the national flag, national anthem, respect to national language, etc here is my take:

It is bullshit

whats the point of all this silly stupid symbolic stuff ? People matter more than such symbolic entities.I don't care if a national flag is thrown on the ground; but if its plastic or made from some other toxic material, I like to ensure that its disposed properly. I don't care if someone speaks in a language other than hindi, because in reality, national language does not exist here. Finally, to hell with those who oppose people calling the national anthem boring or bad. Its their freedom to critic any anthem. You can never impose symbolic ideals on people and hope to get away with it.

For a patriot, if he/she is given a choice between rescuing 10 non Indians by doing action #1, and rescuing two Indians holding a national flag by doing action #2, given that all people are equally good and have equal potential to help the world and the patriot bears no grudge or enimity against anyone, he/she would do action #2 just because the people involved are Indians and they hold the Indian national flag. And a sceptic would rush with action #1 instantaneously. Thats the difference between extreme patriotism and rationalism.

PS: doing my bit to keep a good topic alive :p

GeekyBoy

In the zone
about the national flag, national anthem, respect to national language, etc here is my take:

It is bullshit

whats the point of all this silly stupid symbolic stuff ? People matter more than such symbolic entities.I don't care if a national flag is thrown on the ground;

You can't say that.......your flag represents your nation! Think about the martyrs that laid their lives down for the nation. If you think this is "bullshit", then you would be doing injustice to the lives of hundreds and thousands of souls who gave away their lives so that we could live in peace.

People matter, but why do injustice to the national flag? Wouldn't it hurt your conscience if you felt that someone values their lives so little compared to what they have done for us ?

You can't say that.......your flag represents your nation! Think about the martyrs that laid their lives down for the nation. If you think this is "bullshit", then you would be doing injustice to the lives of hundreds and thousands of souls who gave away their lives so that we could live in peace.

People matter, but why do injustice to the national flag? Wouldn't it hurt your conscience if you felt that someone values their lives so little compared to what they have done for us ?
I value people, not the flag. I respect the people who died for it, only because of their dedication. But symbols have no real significance in times like these. Wars and other times when people need something to identify themselves with can make the situation change as the flag is then a symbol. But symbols should not be treated as reality, its as simple as that.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
I value people, not the flag. I respect the people who died for it, only because of their dedication. But symbols have no real significance in times like these. Wars and other times when people need something to identify themselves with can make the situation change as the flag is then a symbol. But symbols should not be treated as reality, its as simple as that.

You are incorrigible.
Why do you hate the flag so much when it brings unity to the whole nation?

And then you are contemplating English, whose original adopters feel pride in speaking in their national language, whereas you feel no shame in loathing your national language, Hindi???

You are incorrigible.
Why do you hate the flag so much when it brings unity to the whole nation?

And then you are contemplating English, whose original adopters feel pride in speaking in their national language, whereas you feel no shame in loathing your national language, Hindi???
Did I say I hate my flag ? I just said it has little or no significance to me.

And Who said you can call hindi the national language just like that ? You think just because majority speak hindi everyone else must speak it and call it the national language ? I had been through four languages before choosing english. From being born till age 3, I knew nothing ecept tamil and malayalam. At age 4, I knew gujrati and hindi. Then at age 8, I came in contact with english and kannada. I chose english finally, only because I prefered it and liked it. True language of a person is a matter of choice, not chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom