Hi,
I have assembled a brand new PC running on winxp prof.The configuration is
as follows:
P4 3GHz, 256 MB RAM, 80GB seagate HDD as wellas samsung cd-rom and a combo
drive.
The problem is that whenever I try to install any software, from the cd or
after copying to harddisk I get the message "abort, retry, ignore". If by
luck I do not get the message, then while installing the softwares i
usually get the cab error message which means the end of the installation.
The programs that I install are games and other stuff from magazines. The
same cd's work well in my old computer on the same OS.

So, Please somebody help me out....

Tech&ME

Banned
Ok it seems u have a problem but actually u don't. Try the following anyway.
Method I:
Delete the contents of the temp folder of your windows installation.
If this doesn't works. Try Method II.

Method II:
There could be that some settings for your IE is not correct, check and correct it, this might be disallowing you to download, also check (if u have SP2 installed also) if download from CD is disallowed and also check installation of new programs and software is allowed or not , some security settings in Win XP with SP2 does not allow you to install new programs, so varify this. This should work in most cases.

Method III:
Seems the above methods not working, okay when u start the cd select DISAGREE or something similar in the agreement that u will get on running most Free CDs with magazines. Now close the IE windows, say yes to the dialog box that appears. Next Open My Computer and select your CD rom drive, right click on it, now select open from the pop-up menu or context menu. U will see the various folders, if u can see this navigate to any folder and then to the .exe ( usually the setup file) and double click it to start the installation, if this works out.... u know where the problem is. Btw. u will find some games on the CDs in a zip format even if u can see the setup.exe there u still have to unzip it first in order to use the setup.exe correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom