Errors in a Dial-up connection

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by kadal27, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadal27

kadal27 New Member

Status of a Dial-up connection in XP shows in the last line a data as Errors. What are these?

Normally the error in sent coloumn is 0 and occassionally in the received coloumn is 2 or 3. Recently my system shows hundreds in received coloumn and the download speed is also abysmally low. I tried to check the phone line with the line man. He did some changes. It seemed somewhat better for a few days and now again the same problem occurs. Sometimes the connection hangs. I am unable to close the connection. I had to reboot several time for this. Even after the connection dropped and the telephone line gives the dial tone, the connection icon on the tray does not go and the system says that the modem is in use.

Can anybody tell me a solution?

2. evildeadregeneration

evildeadregeneration New Member

I think the problem lies in telephone exchange server.Check with ur friend's dose they have problem(i mean check with ur neighbours who connect's through the same exchange).And check out the cable's.....I also experienced this kind of problem..

3. bit

bit Banned

My friend with dial up connection too faced similiar problems in past.
    when he first got the connection everything was fine and he used to see 3 errors every time he connected.
    After few weeks he suddenly got more number of errors are browsing was almost impossible because of frequent disconnections and pathetic speed.
    When he complained to BSNL, the staff finded out disturbances in the line. They came to the site, repaired the damaged cable and his connection worked well afterwards.

4. dgk.3007

dgk.3007 New Member

they were all correct this type of errors are caused due to phone line intruption and improper cable connection with the exchange . some times u get these errors if the exchange has some problem. please consult with your exchange department excecutives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.