error printing as pdf using distiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Attempt to print a web page from browser (Firefox) as pdf file using adobe distiller 5.0 results in error. This document cannot be printed...troubleshoot...etc is the error message. The Firefox does not respond and has to closed (end task) forcibly. The option by default is ebook.

What is the solution?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
You might want to try another free pdf printing driver from

*www.google.com/search?client=opera...nter&sourceid=opera&num=100&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

the first 10 results are all very good, I tested them some time back.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Attempt to print a web page from browser (Firefox) as pdf file using adobe distiller 5.0 results in error. This document cannot be printed...troubleshoot...etc is the error message. The Firefox does not respond and has to closed (end task) forcibly. The option by default is ebook.

What is the solution?

try to print using adobe reader or foxit reader, dont use distiller

acewin

Point Blanc
distiller is available in Adobe Professional 6 and above or Adobe Distiller 5.
Sridhar. did you try killing distiller service in task manager before killing firefox.

Kill all Actobat services even acrobat_tray and all. Restart Adobe.
I use Adobe Professional and similar kind of errors come when Adobe services are all closed. On first instance of trying to print or save as pdf error comes giving no resul but starting the Adobe services. And then when I give for second try the pdf gets created.
This is my personal experience.

For you I can also say firefox ges hanged when you try to create pdf from it, and hence not letting distiller to work. I would suggest you to open the page in IE and then save as PDF from there. I do not have much experience of Firefox troubleshooting, can say that easily because Firefox gets hanged on my system even with 2GB RAM, I am an Opera user, do not like crappy IE. And please guys do not comment my likings. I mentioned this just for the troubleshooting's sake.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^ He doesnt want to open a pdf file, he wants to save an existing web page(html) into a pdf.

ok, then he should must try fixefox extension: PDF Download.
it allows Convert Web pages to PDF. Convert any Web pages to good looking PDF files, and then save, share, print or archive them also.
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom