Error due to DVD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
I have a sony DRU-810A DVD-R/RW...now the problem is there are few cd's and DVD whose data is not being read by this drive,where the same cd's or the DVD does fine with my friends combo drive(a Sony combo drive it is).
I have a DVD which has four ISO files of a game out of which the fourth ISO shows error during installation and installations stops.This is the error i get:
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/2694/error1nc.gif

I use WIN XP PRO
What should i do?

legolas

Padawan
usually CRC error comes when there is a file read error... msot of the cases its in the file. but it also hav happened to me that the file is good and there is a prbs with the reader. so u better do a head cleaning of the rom and if it doesnt solve, take it to a service engineer to get it done... if the file aint a problem which works somewhere else, the cd/dvd drive is. get it serviced. it happened to me too... my sony dvd rom.

/legolas

harish_21_10 said:
I have a DVD which has four ISO files of a game out of which the fourth ISO shows error during installation and installations stops.This is the error i get:
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/2694/error1nc.gif

I use WIN XP PRO
What should i do?

Copy the ISO's to your hard drive, then mount them for use.

legolas

Padawan
if there aint a prblem in teh file, it shud hav been installed when run from dvd... i guess he must hav tried more than 1 time before posting here. so i dont think copying from your dvd wud be fruitful either.. try it. else copy it from another dvd rom. and also for safety check ur DVDrom with a service technician.

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom