Error - Direct 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

escape7

What? Where? How?
some of my games give an error : "Diret 3d failed to initialise" & the game closes. How to overcome this... :(

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Some games require high graphics card to run. So if you dont have the required hardware , the game may give such an error, but mainly it is because of older versions of Direct X.

OP
escape7

escape7

What? Where? How?
on opening rise of nations, a black screen appeares and then the game closes.
What am i to do here, And ur link above is not working...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Whats the Graphic card status of you Comp????
Do you have a Dedicated One or an Onboard one like the Intel 810 Mobo????

Check if you have a Good Graphic card if not then its a high time you purchase one for playing most of the recent games.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
u mean a gfx card.. well there is a seperate thread for that running here

but then min err.. i suppose u can get a GeForce 2 MX400 64 mb and 8x agp for about 2.5K or sumthin.. better to get sumthin like a xfx fx 5200 ultra for 9K :)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
huh ? when the 5200 anything come that expensive ???? :shock: But like he said plz post ur graphics related queries in the thread mentioned.

kunwar

In the zone
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

vysakh said:
also you can try the 3d analyzer
www.tommti-systems.com

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Edit: [enoonmai]: Please refrain from spamming. If you have a particular experience to share about 3DA, please feel free to do so. Like cody said, there are other ways of showing your skepticism.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
escape7 said:
instead of fighting amoung yourselves, how about helping meeeeee guys...lol...

Lol No problemo....The cheapest one will be the XFX Geforce Fx5200 with 128Vram Which also happens to be a decent Dx9.0 based card priced @2.3k which will handle most recent games at normal settings.

@bala..... :shock: :shock: a Fx5200 Ultra for 9k.....Lol which world is that cost from???

One can easily get a Ati 9600Xt which outperforms the ultra at lesser price than that out here.Btw the Mx400 sucks.

kunwar

In the zone
will 128 mb of vram will be futureproof?
i think 256 mb will be futureproof 4 some time.
but ok at Rs 2300

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
kunwar said:
will 128 mb of vram will be futureproof?
i think 256 mb will be futureproof 4 some time.
but ok at Rs 2300

Nope its not the Video memory that counts most but the Architecture on which the card is built.The Word "Futrueproof" isnt futureproof itself,its very unstable depending on the technology being progressed.A 256MB Vram Based Fx5200 isnt a good deal if you consider only its "256Mb" Tagged Specs as it offers more or less the same performance to its 128Mb Counterpart which itself is a Low end Budget card and is aging day-by-day. :(

Now on the other hand if you consider a Geforce 6600Gt with 128Mb Vram (128-bit) version its a excellent card and will be quite futureproof for a while albeit its 128MB Vram Spec.

vysakh

Padawan
well kunwar, its not my problem that you dont know to use 3d analyzer.
i used it and found it satisfactory. i was also able to run games which i didnt expect to run in my system

OP
escape7

escape7

What? Where? How?
vysakh said:
well kunwar, its not my problem that you dont know to use 3d analyzer.
i used it and found it satisfactory. i was also able to run games which i didnt expect to run in my system

could u tell me how to use the 3d analyser, i am not able to figure it out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom