errata...system error!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
every time my pc starts it shows a error saying "system recovered from serios error" and gives link to one xml and one dmp file....any one has idea what this is due to??? it happens even if u restart the pc..everytime...

secondly any one knows with what .img files open with???

champ_rock

champ_rock
for the first queastion which operating system u r using?.,.... try to restart it in safe mode, if it starts up fine, then u can restore it to a previous date by using System Restore and do a virus scan and all that,

if it does not restart in safe mode then i would recommend u to repair the xp installation through their cd.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Ya , I agree with champ_rock
ur windows installation jst begin to show its original form
PS) dont keep important data under ur system root directory.

Thats not a good sign .
*.img
IMG is the file extension for the Bitmap graphic associated with Ventura Publisher
Also i got this from google ..
Various programs use this extension; too many to list individually. Take clues from the location of the file as a possible pointer to exactly which program is producing the file. The file's date and time can also help if you know which programs you were running when the file was written.

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
i tried system restore,it doesnt work.shal i upload my dump and sysdata files???
and about the .img file it is supposed to be image of some linux kernel or somethin...hw to open it??

champ_rock

champ_rock
what about repairing the windows xp installation through a cd??????

and does system restore give any error or what?

sknowonweb

Journeyman
the .img file cant be opened in windows . It needs to be mounted as a loop or some device to view its content in linux . And as u mentioned it as a kernel or somethin like that , it may be a 'initrd.img' file before they gzip it .
And if that is the file, it is useless to open in windows .

I dont think dump and sysdata files can help us debug data for ur PC . May be MS has some experts in it.

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
i tried diskcheck in safemode...it worked.never came to know wht the problem was though... n e ways thanx!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom