Equaliser in Winamp ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
can any 1 explain 10 bars equaliser settings in Winamp ??? whots the best setting 2 get good sound quality out from a song ???

there r 19 bars in winamp visual bar ... sometimes left 4 bars dont showup & hence sound quality goes down .........

& mp3 = 128kbps or 128kBps 44KHz ???

casanova

The Frozen Nova
AFAIK, It differ for every song. You will have to work around the settings for each and every song.

It is pretty hectic. I keep in Full Bass and Treble preset.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I hate Treble because I listen mostly to trance and techno...this ends up with some really tinny sounding music.

I don't like to have TOO much bass either, unless I'm having a party or something..so I use a custom preset with the bass end of it up about 2/3rds and the treble end about 1/5ths above the median.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
It depends upon individual taste. I generally use the preset "live". That suits me fine. I have connected my home theatre with the computer and the sound quality is amazing. Previously I used third party tools for audio enhancement, but for some strange reason, I thought that it was affecting the performance of my soundcard(I lost two soundcards) and stopped using such tools.

abhra

Broken In
Originally posted by ax3:

can any 1 explain 10 bars equaliser settings in Winamp ???
Well the first 4 bars from the left are for bass. the frequencies specified below each bar shows a figure close to the range of frequencies it handles, in Hz. 1k & 3k are for voice frequencies; i.e., the vocals of a song. The rest 4 (to the extreme right) are for treble i.e., for high frequency sounds. The drums can be heard better by upping the 12k & 14k bars. Some guitar sounds can be heard best by using the extreme 16k bar.
Everything ultimately depends on your sound driver & your speakers. Use a little trial & error method to determine an optimum setting for your system. You can start with the "Full Treble/Bass" or "Laptop speakers/headphones" presets and change the values a bit to arrive at an optimum solution.

Originally posted by ax3:

there r 19 bars in winamp visual bar ... sometimes left 4 bars dont showup & hence sound quality goes down .........
What do yu mean by that??

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
@abhra ........ thanx 4 explanation ............

default winamp player has bars as visuals ....... look @ them ..... sometimes extreme right 1`s dont even show up .......... i guees its bcoz of bad ripping of mp3 file ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom