Enter faster MacBooks and Multi-Touch enabled MacBook Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Enter faster MacBooks and Multi-Touch enabled MacBook Pros
Posted on Feb. 26, ’08, 6:16 AM PT by Aayush Arya

Apple launched updated MacBooks and MacBook Pros today with faster processors and larger hard drives across the board. The new MacBooks come in 2.1 GHz and 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo configurations, up to 250GB of hard drive space and 2GB of RAM standard (except for the lowest configuration). The price remains the same and so does the screen, trackpad, design and, quite unfortunately, the combo drive in the cheapest MacBook.

*www.macuser.com/2008/02/26/MacBook%20Pro%20Multi-Touch.jpg

The new MacBook Pros boast of an even meatier upgrade. The standard configurations include 2.4 and 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processors, 2GB of RAM, 200GB and 250GB hard drives, dual-layer SuperDrives and the NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT with 256 and 512 MB of onboard memory. Most importantly, these shiny new babies come with a Multi-Touch trackpad, à la the MacBook Air. We know a lot of people had been eagerly waiting for this, so they now have the chance to plunk $2000 or more for one of these. Read more...

[Via MacUser]

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
just chked this on engadget, so no sdk reports of it being delayed were true afterall

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
The new MBP looks an amazing product. If you're buying from the USA, the price difference for a similar product in India is almost negligible.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK. This officially sucks.

The MacBooks don't ship with the Apple Remote anymore. Apple showing its money-hungry evil corporation side again. :mad:

just chked this on engadget, so no sdk reports of it being delayed were true afterall
February isn't over yet.

narangz

Web developer

The MacBooks don't ship with the Apple Remote anymore. Apple showing its money-hungry evil corporation side again. :mad:

Whoa! Such strong statement from you! Yaar it shows that no business corporation(MS, Apple etc) is doing charity. They are shrewd businessmen. :mad:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Not giving it is one thing. Giving it for two years and then snatching it away just to rake in more money is just plain being greedy.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ hey they are giving u multi-touch :lol: so they discontinued it, in the words of steve jobs - we feel that users dont want to own their apple remotes, everytime we went out to them they said that they dont want to own their apple remotes, so we decided to pull them off :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It's a Mac, u don't need a powerful graphics card. Even a 8400GM is good enough to run that OS.

The configuration of Macbook is seriously flawed & unbalenced though.

narangz

Web developer
I guess they use the hardware which is more than enough for the current OS X version and perhaps the next version too. People do not use a notebook for more than 2-3 years usually.

drgrudge

It's a Mac, u don't need a powerful graphics card. Even a 8400GM is good enough to run that OS.

The configuration of Macbook is seriously flawed & unbalenced though.
ROFL. :lol: Just because your future lappy (or you don't have need for Gfx cards), are you commenting thus? :lol: Even Mac users play games. And did you forget Pro apps like Aperture, Final Edit, DJ softwares, etc?

And I would buy that MacBook for $1100 (Rs 44k) eyes closed. I just want to know a similar product and how much it costs in India.

$20 is a very small amount for people in the USA. Even Students earn as much every hour. Also I hardly use Front Row / AppleTV on my MBP. My mom likes it though.

MetalheadGautham -
The question is why not 9600m GT. :p

@grudge: whats the use of a DirectX upgrade in a non windows environment ? I was about to ask what you asked, but then realised that 9600m GT is not going to be giving you lots of OpenGL improvements over the 8 series.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
are for Mac OS X even a 6600GT is good enough. Leopard UI is made in OpenGL 1.5 & compiled for OpenGL 2.0 too (compiled, not optimised)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Then he has to buy a legal license of Windows Vista which goes against the policy of Mac users "We don't even touch Windows"

drgrudge

are for Mac OS X even a 6600GT is good enough. Leopard UI is made in OpenGL 1.5 & compiled for OpenGL 2.0 too (compiled, not optimised)
I'm not sure if you're acting childish on purpose. It looks stupid.

Why would Mac PC be happy with 6600 GT? People need to run pro apps, play 1080p videos and dual boot 'Wind-woes'. I know many people who have XP installed only to play games.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, it's the only thing Windows is good at. I'm not sure why you're so proud of that. It's actually a disgrace.

Pat

Beyond Smart

February isn't over yet.

if you guys are talking about iphone sdk, its release has been pushed back by a month,isnt it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom