Engage DockBar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Hi,
i installed engage on ubuntu 6.06 dapper.
I fiddled around with the options to try and make it semi-transparent so it looks like the os x dock.

Could some one give me the method to make it semi-transparent?

Regards...
Ray

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
@tech_your_future
I managed to get a fully transparent dock.
I want to have a semi-transparent dock like in os x.
Could you help?

Regards...
ray

eddie

El mooooo
I have never used it but have you tried starting it from a terminal window with "--help"? Usually it gives you lots of options that you can set yourself. There should be one for transparency as well.

OP
ray|raven

ray|raven

Think Zen.
It was the terminal i used to get it to be transparent.
Engage has an option to set background color and on enlightment website they said to give "#00000000" to get a transparent background.

However regardless of what i give as value it defaults to a transparent bkg once i use that option.

Regards...
ray

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Why don't you try Dreamlinux multimedia Edition 2.2. It has the most beautiful linux desktop I have ever seen. It has engage dock installed as default and has a nice set of icons and OS X look...BTW it is XFCE based distro and very fast indeed with a nice collection of apps...

*dreamlinux.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal/arquivos/mini-desktop2.jpg

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
His problem is not transparency. He's having that all right. He wants it to be semi-transparent, from what I get.
rayraven, i will try it out when I boot back into ubuntu in a couple of days and see if I can find anything.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
subratabera said:
Why don't you try Dreamlinux multimedia Edition 2.2. It has the most beautiful linux desktop I have ever seen. It has engage dock installed as default and has a nice set of icons and OS X look...BTW it is XFCE based distro and very fast indeed with a nice collection of apps...

*dreamlinux.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal/arquivos/mini-desktop2.jpg

Really dude, Dream Linux rocks, it also has all the multimedia support available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom