Encryption - Forgot password...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi all
I had encrypted some files using "Mooseoft Encryptor" and burnt them into a CD... Unfortunately I am unable to recolect the password... Can anybody suggest any means of recovering my contents back....?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated....

Thanx in advance...

Regards,
Ramprasad

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you've used a third party encryption software and forgot the password, there's very little anyone can do to recover the data. If the data is encrypted with the standard DES/3DES/BF type algorithms, forget about ever getting your data back if you cannot recollect your password. These systems are virtually unbreakable. :(

Scorpion

Journeyman
Sorry pal,
There is little we can do if you used a good encryption.There is nothing more worth than trying all the random passwords you can remember.

daj123

Journeyman
if you have a lot of processing power, you could try a brute force cracker but i am not sure how would you actually use it...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Even that brute force cracker would take weeks to crack even a simple password. And if the password consists of uppercase, lowercase and symbols, you can forget cracking it.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
daj123 said:
if you have a lot of processing power, you could try a brute force cracker but i am not sure how would you actually use it...

A brute force cracker to crack open data that's encrypted with military/commercial-grade encryption? ROTFL! Priceless! Did you forget humans only live to be a 100 years old max? Or are you planning to indulge your entire lineage trying to crack the data open?
If you do not know the password, its bye, bye data. Period. Brute force indeed, try using brute force and dictionary attacks on a simple password protected ZIP/RAR/Office/PDF file.

OP
ramprasad

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi All
I have actually used a 16 characters password, and only that I can remember. I faintly remember the password but no use, I have also tried all possible combination. Hence I have to say a BIG Good Bye to the data I had...

Regards,
Ramprasad

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
theoretically for 56 bit encryption you would need 25 super computers to get the password and decrypt the files. THEORETICALLY!!!!!! Now if you used a 128 bit encryption atleast which the min then.....well go figure the math :D Sorry mate...ur data is gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom