Encrypting E-Mails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neha.N

Right off the assembly line

Hello,
I guess you can call me a beginneer in computers. Anyways, I need to know how to encrypt my E-Mails so no one will be able to read them except that specific person and requires them to input a password. I am using Outlook Express as my E-Mail client.Thank you.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Hi Neha.
Welcome to the forum.

U can encrypt ur email by using PGP Desktop.U can download the trial version from here.

godsownman

Padawan
Welcome,

I dont think there is any requirement to encrypt emails as long as its only you or the opposite party who knows the password to access the account

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
create some small program to encode and decode ur msgs. try any kind of encoding. simple ones like shifting by one letter and so on.

OP
N

Neha.N

dIgItaL_BrAt said:
Hi Neha.
Welcome to the forum.

U can encrypt ur email by using PGP Desktop.U can download the trial version from here.

Is there a anyway I can configure encryption in Outlook Express itself. I really don't want to change my E-Mail client.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
U don't have to change your e-mail client.PGP automatically installs a plug-in for Outlook Express which gives you the option of encrypting your e-mail.

OP
N

Neha.N

Oh! Anyway, so this software you mentioned, is shareware, do you know any freeware software out there.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
There is a freeware version of PGP but that does'nt include e-mail encryption capabilities.

U could also try Cryptainer LE which is freeware,but it does'nt integrate with OE.It creates the e-mails as standalone files which self-decrypt when the password is entered.

hafees

In the zone
Try this link. *www.bytefusion.com/products/ens/cryptoanywhere/microsoftoutlookexpressplug.htm

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hope following links will help U:

Encryption and Message Security Tools
New Encryption and Security Features in Microsoft Outlook

eddie

El mooooo
Why has no one mentioned GnuPG?
*www.gnupg.org/
It is completely free and open source alternative to PGP. You get various frontends and their is a plugin for outlook express available as well. Check out the site.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Yes, GNUPG is the tool you should look for!! Its free and reliable, compatible with Windows. But a setup.exe under Windows isn't availalbe for download from www.gnupg.org. :( Here's what gnupg.org says

Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP with x86 CPU works fine (you need a special setup to build it).

- However, the same is available from sourceforge.net under a dead project. :|
- Also have a look at Windows Privacy Tray and Windows Privacy Tools.
- These all are based on the free gnupg. This article could also be a useful.

However, since now you have some hints, the most useful and informative link could be this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom