Right off the assembly line
I use windows XP SP2 and recently I installed the auto patcher of XP.so

I found a new option 'encrypt' whenever i right click on any file.so i

encrypt many file, just for the curiosity that what will happen, but

nothing happend.
but when i format my C: drive & install fresh copy of XP,now i am uable

to open that file, which i encrypted earlier.now i right click on that

file then i get option 'decrypt' instead of 'encrypt'.but i am also

unable to 'decrypt' that file which i encrypted earlier.

can u help me how to decrypt that file...

thanks in advence...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Yes you cannot decrypt the encrypted file as the encryption key that was installed in the previous version of windows is lost while formatting. Without the encryption key you cannot decrypt the file. Next time please remember to backup the encryption key. I'll search around for the tools to forcefully decrypt the file but they are usually paid softwares and do not guarantee that the file will be decrypted. Also, they can take up a lot of RAM and time. That's all I know I'd wait for others to give more inputs or correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think he will need some BRUTE FORCE ATTACk which will check for every possible key............it will take time......... dont know the details sorry.........

mehulved

*lastbit.com/download.asp I found this one via google you can check it out. Or else you can google around and look for more.

mehulved

*lastbit.com/download.asp I found this one via google you can check it out. Or else you can google around and look for more.

mehulved

Sorry sneha just my net connection is acting weird. It says connection closed by thinkdigit.com/forum/xxxxxx but still it posts. I realised it after it happened 2-3 times.Even it takes me too long to connect to digit forums. Dunno why but its only happening with digit forums otherwise my net connection is perfectly fast.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
It is actually impossible according to MS coz it depends on the SID of ur login ID so ur in damn bad luck dood. And if there are any workarounds for this I dunno. U cannot decrypt it even if u change or reset ur password thru control panel :shock: u have to use the reset pass disk for encryption to work.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
there is very little chance that he can retrive the data because even with a brute force attack it is going to take a lot of time with very little chance of success.

champ_rock

champ_rock
but still its his comp.... he can take the time.... please post the details atleast digital_brat............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom