Email & Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Journeyman
I would like to know how good I Mozilla Thunderbird. Is it as good as the hype suggests? Does it offer much more than the regular Outlook Express/Outlook, etc and does it have more features for Spam Blockage?

One more thing, is it possible to view Emails of my Gmail ID using any Mail client like Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc. If so, can you tell me how? Do all other mailers support this?

Netjunkie

In the zone
Well Mozilla Thunderbird is definetly a good Mail Client. It is better that Outlook Express but not Outlook. It dosent have any Spam Filter.
Setting up Gmail to work with Mail Clients has been discussed a lot of times on the forum.
Search for it.

goobimama

 Macboy
@Netjunkie: Of course it has a spam filter. A very good one at that (Uses those Bayesian techniques or something).

I have been using it since 0.8 and it has worked perfectly. Highly recommended over Outlook express...

tuxfan

Technomancer
Mozilla has one of the best spam filters. But as a mail client, its nothing great. At least thats my experience. It has crashed so often that I stopped using it completely :roll:

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
Do you recommend any other nice Mail Client then? I've heard of some other ones that are good too.

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
Do you recommend any other nice Mail Client then? I've heard of some other ones that are good too.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Under Linux, Xiamian Evolution is my favourite. Too bad I can't use it for some reason at present.

Under Windows, Outlook Express just about does the work. I can format mails the way I want, I now know how to back and restore it completely. So that makes it pretty convenient and its not too bad.

I have heard people praising Bat. But its not free.

Ashis

In the zone
I use Opera's M2 So I feel Comfortable with It!
I specially Dont like the Idea of Using any Seperate mail Client, & specially Not Outlook Express!

tuxfan

Technomancer
it_waaznt_me said:
Yeah.. I am very busy these days ..

Abey, I am not talking about you :lol: This is what I am talking about. It costs $35 :)

The Bat! is a powerful, highly configurable, yet easy to use email client. It is designed to help you deal with your growing volume of email as quickly and efficiently as possible, saving much of your precious time.

This program has rich Features: Multiple IMAP/POP mailboxes plus multi-user support, easy-to-navigate interface, floating/dockable toolbars, PGP support, one of the most comprehensive mail filtering systems, advanced mail notification (Mail Ticker), while-you-type spell checking, message templates everywhere allows to save hours of typing, network collaboration gives a possibility to change mail on LAN without a mail server, mail dispatcher allows to manage messages without the actual download directly on the server, easy migration from other e-mail clients and many more.

shakti

Journeyman
Well Mozilla Thunderbird is definetly a good Mail Client. It is better that Outlook Express but not Outlook. It dosent have any Spam Filter.
Setting up Gmail to work with Mail Clients has been discussed a lot of times on the forum.
Search for it.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
What ..!?!? They started naming their email client on my name ?.. :D ..
Anyways .. I too recommend Evolution, Although as I havnt had any luck to get internet running at my Linux box at home, we had Ximian accounts at college and I must say .. It rox .. !
Presently I use bad old Outlook Express + Spamhilator ... Works good for me ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom