Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Has anyone played it? It has a rating of over 9 (editor's choice) by gamespot. I can't seem to figure out whether this has a single player campaign too. The site says that it is a RPG, but I am of the impression that it is a MMORPG. In that case, I cannot enjoy the game due to bandwidth and broadband data transfer limitation problem :evil: , the same problem due to which I cannot enjoy CS:Source.

Any ideas?... :?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ok, seems like a good buy then. I saw a good deal on ebay. Wish to buy it ASAP. After all, games with rating of 9.3/10 (PC version) and 9.6/10 (XBOX 360 version) of the same game don't come everyday.

Anyone played this? And do you think my 6800GS will be able to run it at 1024X768?

Pl reply soon.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Wat are u waiting for man
Go buy it
The game Roxx
( although I just got out of the sewer now)

And yes it will run pretty well on a 6800 gs at 1024*768 though try to keep settings to the medium

Go get the game It is one hell of an exp.
Last time I had thiz much fun playing a rpg Was FABLe ( to a lesser extent)

P.S - It is Single player only so no worries and it is huge will keep u engrossed more than on a mmorpg

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well . the game is buggy .... i mean poorly coded ... but the game rockz ..... just try to avoid the jungle with a horse ....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw the Game at My friend's Place @1600x1200 resolution and the Visuals are extremely stunning and the Gameplay would be more suitable for RPG fans.Its heavily taxing on the System so try not to enable too Much AA & AF settings lest the frame rates might plummet.A 6800GS will comfortably run it.The game hasn't made it to Indian Shores yet.So either wait for it or Have someone Import it from abroad.:D

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys, is this Oblivion similar to the Diablo-II L.O.D (by Blizzard Entertainment) ?? If yes then i will really buy it but jus wanan confirm first from u guys...

Awating replies...

Cheers n e-peace....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ashu, this is so much more the Diablo LOD or anything like that. This is an RPG to the core with a lot of open ended gaming with a lot of gameplay. Play it...damn addictive.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

Anandtech has posted a GPU performance guide for the game. It seems that FEAR is now not the most graphically demanding game. This crown has been taken by oblivion. Geforce 6 users should forget to play this game at the highest settings. You need a top of the line X1800XT/X1900XTX (single or crossfire) or at least a 7800 series card (single or SLI) to enjoy all eye candy. 6800 series and 7600 series cards should be able to play it in low-medium settings at 1024 X 768/800 X 600. Check the performance review here:

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2746

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ya, that's what Anandtech said. Can you tell me your FPS? Or better still, can u post your benchmark results, the same ones by which anandtech tested?

Thanks for your cooperation...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom